X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stupid and the Sucky....a soap opera

Two villages, each short an idiot

Saturday, I'm on a register. Two guys walk up (with nothing, by the way), and request two boxes of cigarettes. I'm like "ohhhkaaayyyy" (because the service desk is 15 feet away, and THAT'S where the cigarettes are kept! Oh yeah, and they have registers there also, so you can magically PAY for them there as well!). Anyhow, I send my bagger to go get them, and he comes back a minute later (it's also FASTER if you go directly to them as well). The total comes out to a whopping $6 and change. They pay with a $100. Grr...I HATE when people do this! So they completely wipe me out. COMPLETELY. I (politely) mention to them that we GREATLY appreciate them going to the service desk to break large bills with a small order, because they have a lot more money than we do. It just makes everyone's lives easier. And the best part of this story is: one of the dudes had a shirt on that said "Stupidity should be painful". One of my co-workers said I should have asked him if he was in pain haha.

Express....self-explanatory

I was on the express lane (10 and under) this evening. It was steady, and I was about to help the next customer. I glanced, and saw that her order took up most of the belt (regular sized register). I immediately begin to say " Just so you know, this is express. I'll go ahead and take you, but we appreciate it if you try to keep it under 10.", but I only got to "just so you know..." when I looked at the order again, and realized it was spread out and had large items. So I said "Oh, nevermind."

Her: Nevermind....what?
    Me: Oh, I just realized that your order isn't as big as I though it was. I glanced at it out of the corner of my eye at first, and then when I looked at it again, I realized that you really didn't have that much.
    Her: Ok......what WERE you going to say ?
    Me: Oh, just that it's express, so we appreciate it if you keep it under 10, but you're fine. [insert genuine smile here - I'm good at those!]
    Her: [snotty tone] Well, there's no one behind me, and I have 12, FYI (yes, she really said "FYI"
    Me: [growing annoyed] Really...you're ok. I'm sorry about the confusion!
    Her: I'm in here all the time, and I'm always cordial! But it's OK. (I can't tell here if she was being genuine or catty....likely catty).
    Me: That's alright. You're just fine.
    *finishes transaction*
    Have a good night, and sorry about the misunderstanding!

Gah....what is it with some people?

Clothes, they do a body good!

I'm blocking (leveling, whatever y'all call it) cat food tonight, and I'm sitting on the floor (this is important) because I'm working on the bottom shelf. A girl walks by, and I say hi...without paying much attention. She asks where the Pedigree dog food is, so I tell her to keep going....keep going, etc. She finds it and thanks me. Now...I'm on the floor. She had a dress (if it can be called that) on that came like a quarter inch BELOW her butt cheeks. As she's walking down the aisle, she's consciously pulling the dress down over said butt cheeks. Therefore, because I'm ON THE FLOOR, I got a quarter moon. Lovely. At least it was JUST the butt, but my goodness. Put some clothes on that body (and no, she wasn't cute, hot, or otherwise)! I had to go get two more people to see this, or else NO ONE would believe me!

You watch your kids for a reason, duh!

Another story from tonight. We have those hallmark cards that play music when you open them, and have recently received the gift bags that do the same thing. I'm on the aisle near that display, and I see a woman wandering around the aisle...definitely off in lala never never land. Great. Then, I hear the sound of at least 3 of those blasted things going off at once (cards and bags). I look over, and there are two kids who are 100% absolutely this lady's kids. Spectacular. Cue babysitting role. So I watch them out of the corner of my eye - it's my motherly instinct. Mom LEAVES THE AISLE to go who-knows-where. About this time, the kids realize that Mom's gone, and decide the best way to find her is to RUN THROUGH THE STORE! They're probably between 6 and 8....very close in age if not twins. They're running up and down the aisles. Grr....that's SO not safe! And Mom didn't even care to watch them. That really REALLY bothers me.
    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Stupidity is painful for those of us who have to suffer through the idiots of the world. I know that I keep a big bottle of aspirin at work just for such occasions. Yes, it's a freaking huge bottle!!!!

I once had a fat, ugly coworker who thought she was the hottest chick she knew. The only way she'd ever be hot is if someone set her on fire. Anyway, she came in on one of her nights off to buy beer. She was wearing this tube top and short shorts set. Yeah, and I thought she had enough rolls poking out from between her workshirt and pants..... All I could think of after seeing her in that tube top and short shorts ensemble was one of those Pillsbury cans after you peel the label and it busts open. You see all of that gooey dough bursting from the seems......
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

When my parents were splitting up, apparently my dad had already been dating while they were still married. I found this out at my grandmother's funeral (dad's mom) when this woman that easily made four of me was seen wandering around the funeral home in a red... tent that barely covered her and was made to look like a cocktail dress and 7" spike heels that she couldn't even walk in. No one knew who the hell she was.

Until one of my maternal aunts saw her and had "a word" with her, causing the woman to make a hasty retreat. Apparently, this woman worked with my aunt and dressed like this every day. Then she told me that this hose beast had been bragging at work a few days ago that she had a new sugar daddy and mentioned my dad's name. That's when she "informed" this bitch in "strong words" that this was her (soon-to-be former) brother-in-law.

Knowing my aunt and her temper, I can imagine the vitriol that came out of her mouth both at work and in the funeral home. You don't fsck with my family, ever.

Oddly, the fact that my dad was putting out feelers already didn't faze me all that much. I just prayed to every god listening that it wasn't with that specific tub of lard because she was that disgusting. It turned out later that he was simply nice to her in one of the online chat rooms he visited and she translated that as "new boyfriend."
      A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

And the best part of this story is: one of the dudes had a shirt on that said "Stupidity should be painful". One of my co-workers said I should have asked him if he was in pain haha.
        Yes, it should. Unfortunately, it is not, because if stupidity really was painful that guy would be in a wheelchair all bandaged up like a mummy.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
          She had a dress (if it can be called that) on that came like a quarter inch BELOW her butt cheeks.
          I've always called those "belts" but that's just me...

Those sure were some sucky people. And I think they have those in soap opera's, too--it's just that the sucky people double- and triple- cross people. They're too good looking to go to the store.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
            #1 Two villages, each short an idiot

#2 Express....self-explanatory

#3 Clothes, they do a body good!

#4 You watch your kids for a reason, duh!

#1: I don't mind if someone pays a big bill for a small purchase, though I count through the change thoroughly for every transaction aloud so it's a lot of counting

#2 12 items on a 10 items or less till, you try to deter the person but finds out she has 2 more than the limit. I would stick to my grounds and not take back what I've said as an accident unless it was less than 10 and that would make me redfaced but ya know... SC's use that (I don't get paid to come here, you do attitude)

#3 Oh god, was that an embarassing short skirt or would it be used for sleepwear I mean that's obviously not for the public but she has hardly any friends to tell her that I bet?

#4 I knew a person who had their kids taken away from them because they were mistreated parents. The same should go for that woman
            Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Yes, it should. Unfortunately, it is not, because if stupidity really was painful that guy would be in a wheelchair all bandaged up like a mummy.
              Stupidity IS painful.

...For the intelligent who have to deal with it.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X