This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shyla View Post
    Yes I was joking. Sorry to offend. I didn't think it was offensive esp since I alluded to being almost the same age. I won't joke anymore.
    I certainly never suggested that you not joke around. The fact that you're using the words 'alluded to' with regard to your age should make it apparent that the joke wasn't all that obvious.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Shyla: I'll be 64 next month, dagnabbit!

Irv: and I've always said that Dick was a prick...
      I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
      - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Thanks, y'all. Now I'm feeling not-quite-so-old.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
          ^^ This. *** Whaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! I missed my tour because the subway ran late... what are yoooouuuuuu going to do about it? *** If your hotel has a "please steal from us guarantee" she'd totally use it.

On another note; NOT taking the subway into DC is crazy-pants. Public parking in the touristy parts of downtown is very difficult to find, and unless you have been shined upon by divine providence, (and you've scored one of the few spaces along the Mall), is going to be more expensive than taking Metro.

I grew up a 20 minute drive outside of downtown DC and I have yet, to this day, EVER driven there.
          TOTALLY agree. I grew up close to NYC, and while you can drive in, I never have, and I'm almost 50. Train isn't QUITE as convenient, but cheaper than parking and way less aggravation.

I love the DC Metro. I went down about 10 years ago, maybe? Stayed in MD, found a hotel near the Metro, and all weekend, took it in, out, and all around. Best thing we ever did.

Comment

And then there are the jerks with diplomatic immunity... I remember so well living in an apartment near Embassy Row, and the cacophony that broke out every morning when people wanting to leave for work had to put their hands on their horns and keep them there until the entitled little embassy shits got tired of it and moved their double-parked cars.

Nobody in that neighborhood slept late.
            I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
            - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post
              And then there are the jerks with diplomatic immunity...

"It's just been revoked!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwC_IaY3BmY

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                Dallas (where at least they honk before they hit you. Little Rock is just full of accidental ninjas!)
                The lady (and I use the term loosely) that rear-ended me must've been from out of town.
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                  Sounds to me like she wasn't asking for an opinion. She was asking if she could blame YOU for whatever choice she made, if she failed to make the tour on time because of it.
                  Ugh. I hate that game. Passive aggression, pass the blame. Take the lazy way out and claim you made her do it. She's an adult, she is more than capable of making her own decisions (presumably) and you didn't hold a gun to her head. She can take the blame for her own stupidity.
                  Quoth raudf View Post
                  She found out that I didn't play that game and would in fact walk off if she started trying. Or I'd look her in the eye and tell her she'd already made up her mind and that I didn't give a south end of a north bound rat about it.
                  Right on to you for not putting up with that nonsense! And I like that quote too.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
                    ehh. driving into DC and parking isn't as bad as driving into NYC and parking... i've done both. i prefer the available forms of public transportation in either case. XD
                    One year during the annual family Christmas gathering in north Jersey, my dad decided that driving into Manhattan and parking would be "easier" than the ferry/shuttle bus/walking we usually do. Yeah, driving in, on Dec 26 >_< He has to try something at least once, but even he later admitted it was a bad idea.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post
                      And then there are the jerks with diplomatic immunity...
                      Those jerks need to learn that while diplomatic immunity means they can't be ticketed for double-parking, it doesn't do "Jacques Merde" to keep someone who's routinely blocked in by double-parked embassy vehicles from buying a beat-up old F350 with a "bush bar" and pushing the offending vehicles out of his way.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

If SC wants an argument, she's gonna have to pay for either a five minute argument or a full half hour.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Those jerks need to learn that while diplomatic immunity means they can't be ticketed for double-parking, it doesn't do "Jacques Merde" to keep someone who's routinely blocked in by double-parked embassy vehicles from buying a beat-up old F350 with a "bush bar" and pushing the offending vehicles out of his way.
                          I'm sure that everyone would then be cheering from their windows watching it happen.
                          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                            If SC wants an argument, she's gonna have to pay for either a five minute argument or a full half hour.
                            Now it's time for the Argument Clinic.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              Now it's time for the Argument Clinic.
                              That was funny! I love Monty Python!

Comment

Working...
                              X