Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Oh, she's fine with getting her nails trimmed"...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh, she's fine with getting her nails trimmed"...

Back story: I volunteer to trim dogs' nails at various locations of the place I work, to raise money for the dog rescue I volunteer with. Sometimes I get some interesting characters, like today.

A couple brought their 15lb terriery type mix in for a nail trim. I asked my usual "Has he/she had their nails trimmed before? How do they do?" I get the response of, "Oh, she does just fine!'. Okay, cool. Oh boy, was I in for a surprise.

I finish the back feet with minimal trouble, then scoot back to work on her front paws. When I scooted back, my vision was suddenly filled with TEETH, as the dog lunged for my face for a real bite. Not just a warning snap, the dog intended to do damage. The gal who was holding the dog thank goodness was able to yank it back in time.

I muzzled the dog, but even through the muzzle it was trying to bite anything that came near it. After about a minute, I knew this wasn't going to happen and informed the dogs' owner that she should probably go to the vet to have this done safely. The owner looked angry, but she didn't even look at me. Without a word, and before I could tell her to give the dog a few seconds to calm down before doing so, she yanked the muzzle off the dog. Dog turned and bit her 3 times and hung on for about 5-10 seconds before said owner was able to shake her off. Still, not a word, and not sparing us a glance she storms out, dragging the dog behind her.

I'm not sure about you guys, but that's not exactly my idea of a dog who's "fine" with getting their nails trimmed....
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

but hey, it's your pit bull that's the vicious monster, amirite?

but yeah. that dog def has issues.. and so does the owner apparently

Comment

How long before she sues you for the bite,because you must have upset the dog to make him want to bite like that...
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

What gets me is people expect their dogs and cats to behave around others, how they behave around their humans. Saw this one a the vet when I took in one of my rats for a round of antibiotics and a cleaned abscess sewn closed. (It was HUGE. One of the other boys in the cage helped it rupture and cleaned it for his poor cage mate. And the "poor rat" escaped his makeshift cone of shame by the time we got home and was looking rather proud of himself for it.)

Small, high strung dog, carried in by owner for a grooming. "How does the dog handle nail trims?" "She's fine with them at home. She was fine when I did them at work too." From the sounds of it, the little fur ball became an exploding, biting, fur ball when anyone else touched her. It had been noted in her file from the last time she'd been brought in for a check up to not let the owner leave the room for any reason.. and the owner was TOLD THIS.

Yeah, the owner was pissed when she got back and found that they couldn't do the grooming without her consent to give the poor pup a sedative/relaxer.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I see a vicious dog hearing in this woman's and dog's future.

Unfortunately, even if she loses a vicious dog hearing, her thought process will be:
          * My dog is an angel.
          * The victim did something to agitate him.
          * The evaluators and the judge are a bunch of morons.
          * Why is everyone picking on me?

This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I would rather wade into a pack of rotties and bullies wearing a steak necklace before I attempt to pet one terrier type of dog. They are high strung, quick, and wickedly nasty

Comment

to be fair, a pit bull IS a terrier... XD

but i know what you mean.

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                I would rather wade into a pack of rotties and bullies wearing a steak necklace before I attempt to pet one terrier type of dog. They are high strung, quick, and wickedly nasty
                And the only thing to happen to you by wading in like that is getting licked to death instead for bringing them treats.

My parents have a chihuahua, that has a serious case of SDS*. He can get snarky at any time, for any reason. Thankfully, they're responsible owners and warn vets and groomers of his temperament, and will actually stick around to control him.

*Cookie for anyone who knows what that is.
                Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

I think I've worked with a few who had it

Small Dick Syndrome? Very much like a Napoleonic complex.
                  Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

close... small dog symdrome

caused by people treating their small dog like a baby or a toy, or both, and the dog being super confused on who's supposed to be alpha and feeling forced to take over that role... and being spoiled rotten to boot.

just adopted a 2 year old chiweenie... and he sorta had it. got his butt thrown off the sofa for growling at the resident dog and the husband, and he realized that he was neither 1. in charge, nor 2. allowed to get away with that shiz... and he's stopped.. and seems to be a happy well adjusted little dog now
                    Last edited by katzklaw; 04-19-2015, 12:05 AM.

Comment

That's too bad. I'm sitting here procrastinating on my work, and thinking I could use some cookies.
                      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

That would almost describe Heather's (my daughter's) dog - she's a chihuahua/terrier mix, and let's just say she's not one of my favourite animals. (I'm trying to be nice about it though, because Heather's really bonded with her. )

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                          I think I've worked with a few who had it

Small Dick Syndrome? Very much like a Napoleonic complex.
                          HAH! You reminded me of the first time I got my Japanese Chin groomed. He was a show dog, previously a stud and currently unfixed. The lady mentioned that his... bits... were HUGE. XD Little dog does not mean little dick, apparently.

Sadly, it's gotten way smaller after the neutering. Must have been hormones.

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
                            but hey, it's your pit bull that's the vicious monster, amirite?

but yeah. that dog def has issues.. and so does the owner apparently
                            Of course! My big mean baby eaters are always the vicious ones. :P

Same! Give me your rotties, your shepherds, your crazy dog aggressive pit bulls any day! When I'm at the nail trims that are busier I usually have a second person helping me trim. She gets all the little dogs while I take the big dogs

I just don't get how she didn't even say anything to me other than the first "She's fine with it". Literally not another word came out of her mouth after that. It was so awkward
                            Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

I knew there was a good reason I'm a cat person.

My in-laws have two chihuahuas, one some sort of terrier mix that gives her long, stringy fur. One hates when people give each other hugs, the other (the mix) wants to be in your lap 24/7 despite the fact that she stinks to high heaven, no matter how often she's bathed. Their pit bull/boxer mix is the sweetest thing, she just thinks she's still a puppy and can fit in your lap (she's almost 6).
                              The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Working...
                              X