Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you see the irony in what you just asked for?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinna, I also have to chime in, you look AMAZING!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'm on it. And boy is it horrible stuff. We must have the full strength available over the counter here cause the clinical trials I have seen vary from 2kg -13kg weight loss over a month.

My reasons? Well I have been going to the gym now 4 times a week for almost 8 weeks and I have lost nothing! nada, zilch! Also there is the humiliation factor. I'm one of those people that would need to go on the biggest loser to lose weight. If I know I am taking a tablet that will make me leak oil out of my bum when I have hi fat food, what do I eat? Salad and low fat stuff of course! And there is also the fact that the rep gave me a whole heap of samples so I haven't encountered the cost of the product yet.

As for the product it self I have seen amazing weight loss when it is used properly. Properly means that you are eating a low fat diet, exercising, drinking plenty of water and taking a multi vitamin. I more see this product as a way to train yourself to eat better and we all agree that the western diet isn't the best.

How will I go on it? Who knows. I have only been on it for a week and no accidents so far!!!

Comment

can i chime in something here. nothing is wrong with being big, so long as you take care of yourself. i am a big girl, topping out around 250lbs. i don't look it, even my doctor thinks i am only 180 unless i remind him. i like being a big girl, and am proud of who i am not in spite but because of it.
        i walk every day, take care of myself, don't eat a huge amount of crap food (my worst food vices are pepsi and brocilli). majority of the women in my family are big girls, but we all eat small amounts, excersise and take care of our bodies. some of us just are heavy, be it dense bones or muscle mass underneath the fat.
        the north americas are the most skewed in their perceptions of size it is scary. this is the only place i see people encouraced to become skeletal, wheras most places like people with a bit of meat on their bones.
        sorry for the rant, but making fun of fatter people seems to be the only socially acceptable prejeduce left, and it irks the hell outta me.
        Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

CVS and Eckerds has it on the front page of their Sunday ad and Rite-aid mentions it on the front page and then devotes almost half a page to it. So expect a lot more people asking.

Oh and Eckerds is advertising a book called the ALLI Diet Plan Book: Doctor-designed 3-phase plan to maximize weight loss and minimize side effects. Plus fitness program and meals plans with no-prep, no-cook options.
          Last edited by PhotoChick; 06-16-2007, 02:37 PM. Reason: found the eckerds ad

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
            sorry for the rant, but making fun of fatter people seems to be the only socially acceptable prejeduce left, and it irks the hell outta me.
            Well, that and making fun of men. And uneducated people. And people with mental illnesses. And anyone who is 'uncool'.
            What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
              can i chime in something here. nothing is wrong with being big, so long as you take care of yourself. i am a big girl, topping out around 250lbs. i don't look it, even my doctor thinks i am only 180 unless i remind him. i like being a big girl, and am proud of who i am not in spite but because of it.
              i walk every day, take care of myself, don't eat a huge amount of crap food (my worst food vices are pepsi and brocilli). majority of the women in my family are big girls, but we all eat small amounts, excersise and take care of our bodies. some of us just are heavy, be it dense bones or muscle mass underneath the fat.
              the north americas are the most skewed in their perceptions of size it is scary. this is the only place i see people encouraced to become skeletal, wheras most places like people with a bit of meat on their bones.
              Definitely! I am large too, although no one ever believes what size i wear, since my bulk is pretty evenly distributed...that, and i dress to hide the bad parts and emphasize the good! Unlike you, however, my diet an exercise regime is not what i would like it to be, but i'm working on it. Working 2 jobs, and living alone means i eat alot on the run, and if i am home, many nights just don' t feel like cooking for just me and time to work out is limited as well...but i do my best.

howver, even at my smallest and healthiest, i was a size 12 - i'm not petitie in any way, shape or form, and am about 2 sizes larger than that now, but my goal is get down one size...but i know it will take time, and effort, and I am the only one who can change things.

Comment

I weigh 140. My boyfriend thinks I weigh 120(shhhhhh!!! I put that on my driver's liscense too because I can get away with it). Not everyone who weighs a lot looks it.

I hate this "eat big" mentalilty in America. I can't do it, I get too full too soon. I usually only eat half of my meal whenever the bf and I go out. I hate wasting money on food I don't eat, so I order things that he likes too so he can finish up my meal for me. We went to the golden coral buffet place the other day, and when it was time to get desert, I loaded up on gummy bears instead of cake(I've never liked much sweets) and he laughed at me so hard, sweet tea came out of his nose. I couldn't finish the bears either! So, I wrapped them up and snuck them into my purse to eat later.

I especially hate the "eat big" idea in foreign restaurants. I go to a japanese place and expect a japanese size portion. Nope. It's american size x's 3. Chinese places do that too. But the good part about the big portions of this take out place close to where I work, is that I can get one meal for $4 and share it with a friend of mine. He chips in and I only have to pay $2 for a meal that fills me up.
                Check out my cosplay social group!
                http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

My parents bought a Tony Little Gazelle a few years back. It's not a miracle machine, but if you use it for 20 minutes 3 times a week, it sure does wonders for a woman's legs!

I use it every day I stop at my parents' house. It's so easy to use. It mimicks cross country skiing. You control how fast you go. And I watch TV while I do it.

I won't go to the gym. I hate being watched while exercising. I used to do pull ups in my parents basement using the pipes from the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    I won't go to the gym.
                    Same with me, my reasoning being that trying to use the track in them is a pain in the ass as some people don't have the decency to get out of the way. I run outside because of this and besides it seems as if the first thing a person thinks when they hear "On your LEFT!" is to stay in that same spot and not move.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I run on Saturday and Sunday mornings at about 4:30 am before the sun comes up. The street I live is on over a mile long with all apartment buildings and a park.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                        I run outside because of this and besides it seems as if the first thing a person thinks when they hear "On your LEFT!" is to stay in that same spot and not move.
                        Maybe they just don't know their left from their right so they just freeze like a deer in headlights

I don't usually like huge meals, either; when I go out I usually like to order something that will be good reheated the next day for lunch, and then I get 2 meals (or sometimes 3) for the price of 1.

I weigh 160 right now and that is an all-time high. I worked in retail for close to 10 years and was always on my feet. I didn't have a regular exercise routine and my eating habits, for the most part, aren't that great, but spending 7 hours a day standing and lugging books around a store kept me from gaining. Even when I worked a desk job in Philly I still walked 6 blocks to/from the train station almost every day (only if the weather was really bad would I take the subway for 4 of those blocks) so I didn't gain weight (that plus a regular work schedule so I tended to eat a little better, or at least on a more regular basis). Now I am working a desk job but I don't move as much and I have gained weight (maybe the fact that I'm out of my twenties contributes too?). I've discovered that I gain it in my belly and I do not like that!

Hey, regular exercisers (ArenaBoy?): any advice for getting started? I like the idea of running but I have no stamina whatsoever. The less equipment necessary, the better. I try to use the treadmill in the basement (I watch TV or listen to music to keep from being totally bored) and we also have a recumbant bike, but that hurts your ass after a while. I usually walk for 30-45 minutes or so at 3.5-4 mph. (I was being pretty consistent for a while but lately not so much.) I can't really run on the treadmill because I feel very unsteady when it gets going that fast, which makes me nervous since I can't just stop like I can on solid ground. I have access to a gym at work but I haven't used it yet (one reason is the high likelihood of running into my boss at the time I would be there). My other problem is that I am not very good in the heat...I get bad headaches if I run around too much outside in the summer (have ever since I was a little kid) so I tend to avoid it. I used to go to the park near work when the weather was nice. Lately we've had a lot of rain and heat/humidity, though. In the interest of not threadjacking, feel free to PM me if you have anything for me.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

At my store, the diet pills (including Alli, I think) are located next to the Depends! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Talk about appropriate product placement. All we need is some Tide to Go or Spray & Wash right next to it, and we'd be good to go.

PS-Cinnamaniac chubby? NEVER!
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Thanks so much to those who commented about my weight loss, that's so nice of you. ^_^ It took like 2 and a half years, but it was worth it. It definitely made me feel better about myself, have more energy and feel better all-around. Sure doesn't make life any easier though. You feel better, but despite what most of the media portrays, being thin doesn't make men flock to you, give you everything you want, nor does it give me the ability to ride on a magical unicorn into the sunset(Gee, and I was REALLY hoping for the last one too. )

Also, for the poster who said there isn't anything wrong with being overweight, just as long as you take care of yourself, you're absolutely right. If a person is what is considered to be overweight and they are perfectly content with it and face no health issues, then that should be fine. What I dislike and what I meant by my post was that a lot of heavy women are unhappy with their weight and therefore, take out their anger on other people. I know you didn't target anyone's post directly, I just wanted to specify what I meant.

My mother is a prime example. She constantly says she's happy where she is, then the next minute she's crying about how she can't fit in pants or insulting me about the way I look. That doesn't sound like a happy person to me. She doesn't suffer from any illnesses either, so she really has no excuse; she's just too lazy to eat right and exercise and looks for an easy way out.

For the poster who said they sympathized with those that can't exercise, I agree with that also. My sister has Multiple Sclerosis and even though she isn't overweight by any means, she wants to simply exercise and it gets hard for her at times. She gained about 40 pounds when she first was diagnosed, partly because she was wheelchair bound and partly because she started eating out of depression and boredom since she couldn't get around, but she tried her best and lost almost all of the weight she gained. I know how hard it was for her to do so. I would think that this alone would make my mother stop being so lazy and insulting about weight loss.

One more thing, the poster who spoke of America and how they act as if you have to be skeletal, that is also correct. My mother isn't the only one who's called me fat, believe it or not. It's annoying. Usually, heavier people tell me I need to gain weight and other people tell me I need to lose a bit more and then other people tell me I'm fine. It only comes down to one person: ME. Or so it should... but in the past, I've let things like that get to me and it's hard to not do so. A healthy image for young females these days is virtually non-existent here in the US. The only reason I'm 110 is because I'm only 5'3 or so and I have a smaller frame. I couldn't possibly go lower because it's just not healthy! That, and I have an obsession with eating fries soaked in malt vinegar.

Comment

Cinnamaniac, I'd say the only reason the guys aren't flocking to you now is because you intimidate them. To quote my best friend's reaction "Damn she's hot!" Seriously, if I saw you on the street I'd be too tongue-tied to go up and introduce myself.

Flattery aside, I can't seeing the outlines of rib-cages on women. It's NOT sexy, and it makes me want to sit them down and make them eat some steak and potatoes. I definitely agree with whoever said that a woman should have a bit of meat on them. Fortunately for us guys, the 'ideal' image for men in the US is rather healthier. Not always obtainable, since it pretty much relies on having a frame with broad shoulders and a narrow waist, but lean and muscular is much better for you than anorexic.

As for weight... I'm 6'5" and 380lbs, but people keep thinking I weigh closer to 250lbs because I've got an extremely broad, solid frame and lots of muscle underneath the fat. Oddly enough, in ideal condition doctors have told me I should aim for 250! I also haven't gained weight since I was 17, but I haven't really been motivated enough to go out of my way to lose weight. If I get the new job I'm aiming for, though, I'll have 24/7 access to a pretty nice gym in the facility and the insurance covers weight management and dietitians. If that's not a sign from above that it's time to make a push, I don't know what is.
                              Last edited by JustADude; 06-17-2007, 07:00 AM.
                              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I wouldn't go for diet pills. Hell, I'd have the same effect if I were to take 2 dried peas three times a day. Most diet stuff comes with an eating and exercise plan, and THAT'S what causes the weight loss.
                                Me, I'm still overweight. Why? I'm lazy. I admit it. But I'm making an effort - if I don't go to gym, I still walk my dog every day for at least half an hour. If I'm feeling energetic enough, I'll run a bit with him (which he LOVES). My eating is getting a little better, I'm trying to add more variety. The chances of me sticking to a proper eating plan are higher if I eat more than the basic chicken, broccoli and rice.
                                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                                X