Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind if someone asks if we offer a senior discount, but I hate hate hate when they take personal offense when I say we don't as if we have some obligation to offer one.

In the view of Upper Management, if we offered seniors a discount that would just open the floodgates for every other group that decides they deserve a discount too.

I mean, since when is any company required to offer any type of discount to anyone?
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

We're required to see a picture ID with credit card transactions...which is always fun.

"It's my fionce's card"
      "It's my boyfriend's card"
      "It's my dad's card"

I say sorry, if it's not you on the card, I can't and won't run it. Which always leads to...

"I've done it here before!! They always let me do it!"

Where I turn and say well, that's someone not doing their job. I had one lady have the nerve to tell me that I had let her run her husband's CC before. I told her there was no way this EVER could have happened, because I always check!

I always notice that the ones who are legit have no problem with this policy. It's the ones that are up to something that flip out.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
        I also don't understand why elders feel a need to get special privileges because of age. A lot of my elder customers were pricks to begin with and they all seemed to talk in the Daily Show's impersonation of Dick Cheney.
        My mother is one of those. When she visits I always try to pay at restaurants. I've reached the point where I only have to let her pay at one. I do this to avoid embarasment as much as anything else. She will always ask if there is a senior discount. If there is she will try to get MY meal discounted. At least she tips. 15% no matter what.

I have to deal with Ice Flow Fodder in the bookstore. They will ask for a senior discount on a $3.00 paperback. I wan't to tell them. "The government takes 15%* of what I earn to pay for your welfare** and you want a discount? Mystery novels are enterainment. You should be paying 15% extra." Of course I just say "Sorry, no".

*This employer paying half scheme is just an accounting trick. If you want to know your real level of taxation subtract what you get from what it cost your employer for your services. That's how much you are being taxed.

**After four years of retirement the geezers have recieved everything they paid plus interest and that's old data. With the new perscription drug give away it's shorter.
        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
          I don't mind if someone asks if we offer a senior discount, but I hate hate hate when they take personal offense when I say we don't as if we have some obligation to offer one.

I mean, since when is any company required to offer any type of discount to anyone?
          A while back at Wendy's, this elderly woman reminded the guy behind the counter six times that she was a senior citizen, while ordering her food! I think I must have heard it in my sleep later that night she said it so much. Then she took offense to it because he did not say anything glamorous, such as, "Oooh, I will bend over and kiss your wrinkled ass!" All he said was, "I heard you maam, and I will make sure you get your discount."

Comment

I can't stand people like that, too. I get all the time at my bank. its not so much the people who have done it with other tellers at my branch, fine, but I can't stand customers who say they did it at OTHER branches. I mean, come on! Like i would KNOW what other branches do! Those people (the customers), imo, are liars trying to scam me to do something illegal or against bank policies. I hate getting into trouble because of what other branches do!
            Last edited by MoonChild2007; 06-21-2007, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Quoth delorean623 View Post
              I say sorry, if it's not you on the card, I can't and won't run it. Which always leads to...
              I had a "little" girl try to pull one on me today. She gave me some story about her father's car not working (and I care because....) and he gave her his M*** card and his DL and gave her permission to use it. I told her no and after she wandered off to collect more clothes, I called LP and then they both came up to watch her. They, naturally, said to get another tender type. So, 30 min later, here she is up at the register again. Tries to get me to let her use the CC again. Then she tried this, "Well, I can call my father and you can talk to him." Ri-i-i-i-ght. Do I look like I was born yesterday? Then turns out she had cash anyway. Get. The. Hell. Away. From. Me.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
              X