This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied unemployment

Today I got the notice in the mail that I was denied unemployment. So I'm appealing that decision. wish me luck, I'm gonna need it

Good luck!! That really sucks *hands you chocolate*
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
      I have a bad feeling that you might not win the appeal

Why? Because you were let go for a valid reason - the inability to arrive at work in time for your shifts. Perhaps you may luck out if you explain all the steps you took to try to arrive on time or change your shift, but I don't know if that will work. My fingers are crossed that something works out of you.

I wasn't denied because I was late. They were told that I had quit my job which wasn't the case at all. Figure that one out.

Comment

Good luck *hugs*

When my mom was fired by PsychoLady, she was also denied at first; PL was claiming that she had paid mom severance (she did not, and was legally required to do so) as well as other things I don't recall. Eventually mom's claim was accepted; PL couldn't actually prove the severance pay and was actually changing her story so much that they saw what a raving loon she was.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the employer have to prove that you quit?
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Good luck!
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I was let go 10 years ago from the software company where I'd been working for 7+ years, and I was told (and even given a letter) saying it wasn't because of my job performance, they were just eliminating my job position. It was bullshit, but whatever. Then I applied for unemployment and they tried to fight it by saying they'd fired me for cause! Fortunately unemployment told them "nice try" and made them pay me.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

In Florida, the employer can say that you "quit" if you don't show up for a certain number of shifts. I've seen employers lie by saying that the employee didn't show up to work the 3 days after they were told they were fired (but were not actually taken off the schedule). Hopefully this didn't happen to you.

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                I was let go 10 years ago from the software company where I'd been working for 7+ years, and I was told (and even given a letter) saying it wasn't because of my job performance, they were just eliminating my job position. It was bullshit, but whatever. Then I applied for unemployment and they tried to fight it by saying they'd fired me for cause! Fortunately unemployment told them "nice try" and made them pay me.
                I had the opposite happen to me. I was laid off because the hospital had low census, THEN its open heart program shut down; I was let go so the ICU nurses could get shifts.

The hospital tried to say they fired me for cause . . . then couldn't supply the cause. I sent them a demand letter: change my status to laid off, eligible to rehire (I wasn't eligible for severance because I was still on probation as a new hire . . .there 5 weeks on the button) and not oppose my getting unemployment, or I would take legal action. They caved.

I still never got a check. I got a job right after and couldn't get the state to cough up the two weeks of unemployment I was owed
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

If my employer can fire someone for failing a drug test (he didn't actually fail it, but he didn't pass it either, he drank a ton of water to alter the test results) and deny unemployment, then the state of Ohio allowed the appeal, then I think good luck could be on your side as well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Working...
                  X