This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Baja Mess

At my Taco Place, we sell a flavor of Mountain Dew called Baja Blast. It's really good. I love it It's a really popular flavor. For those who have never seen the inner workings of a fountain machine, the pop is made like so:
    We get bags of syrup enclosed in a box. We un-cap it, hook it up to a hose, and put it on a shelf. When someone gets pop, the syrup mixes with water and is carbonated while it is sent thru a tube, to the machine and into the customer's cup.
    When the syrup is all used up, the box must be switched out with a new one.

Tina called for Paul to change the Baja Blast because a customer complained that it was watery and a coworker confirmed it. So Paul went in back, unhooked the empty box and put a new box up. Now, Paul is a big, tough guy, so he punches the box to open it. This is when I walked back to get some dishes. He pulls off the cap, and Baja Blast syrup gushed/sprayed/splashed EVERYWHERE! It was on the floor, on the other boxes, on Paul, on the trash that was back there.... I laughed my ass off!

Me: What did you do?!!
    Paul: Nothing!!
    Me: You broke it!
    Paul: No! It was defective!

Q comes back.

Q: What smells like fruit rollups?
    Me:
    Paul: The Baja Blast broke!!
    Me: No, PAUL broke it!
    Paul: Shuddup!

Paul put the broken box in the mop sink and walked away to clean himself up. I grabbed a mop, Q grabbed a rag, I started on the floors, Q started wiping down the boxes.

Me: ....Wait a minute....why are we cleaning this mess if Paul made it?
    Q: ......I dunno!

Paul comes back and starts whining about how it smells bad and it's so sticky blah blah blah...

Q: Well if you didn't have to Incredible Hulk the cap off, you wouldn't have to clean it!!!

While we (me and Paul) were cleaning the mess, 5 people commented on the fruity smell

Btw, the cap wasnt't defective. Paul pulled the whole thing off instead of just the cap
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Baja Blast tastes kinda like a pina colada sans booze.

I haven't had any in a while. Maybe I'll have to make a run for the border tomorrow.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

HULK SPLASH!!!

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        HULK SPLASH!!!

Once again, Sheldon with the killer pun to get me ing
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Baja blast sounds good. Now I want some.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
            Baja blast sounds good. Now I want some.
            It is pretty good, but its no Pitch Black, which is what liquid awesome tastes like.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I love Baja Blast.

Unfortunately, Hubs always forgets to get me some when he gets me food from Taco Place. He keeps getting me Dr. Pepper, which is the right call at any other place except Taco Place!
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Those bag in boxes are really tough to damage. I've only seen it done once when the Pepsi driver was hooking up a Mountain Dew b.i.b. and broke off the front. It was a totally nasty mess.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Oh yes, I remember changing those syrups. What a pain in the ass that was...hope you're recovering OK!

Irv- I haven't had Baja Blast in ages. I agree that it tastes like pina colada...and yes, I may have fixed that lack of alcohol problem myself that last time I had some. Call it a poor man's/white trash/redneck colada!
                  "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

I've taken off the end cap before and I promise you, my I arms are less Hulk-like and more ramen noodlesque. There was a pull tab to open the cap before hooking the hose. Damn pull tab removed the whole plastic nozzle and sploosh went the Pepsi.

My other big mess involved ketchup. Hardees used to have a plastic wall bracket to hold a big bag of ketchup upside-down. Bag had a nozzle that you'd twist to open and use to fill the condiment containers with tomatoey goodness. While replacing the bag one day, I caught the nozzle on the bracket and yanked off the entire nozzle. Imagine trying to hold a 3 gallon bag of ketchup at shoulder level when it decides to spew it guts everywhere, especially all over you. For some reason, my worst messes always happened when I was working counter and had to wear my mess for the rest of the shift.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Mmmm, fruit rollups.

I may have to visit Taco Place in the next couple of days just to try one out...and also get some yummy foodstuffs.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Mountain Dew Baja Blast is my #1 reason to go to Taco Bell.
                        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

It sounds odd but I love mixing Mountain Dew Baja Blast with Sierra Mist. I normally don't think Mountain Dew otherwise unless if its Throwback.
                          New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                          New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Quoth Demolition Man
                            It sounds odd but I love mixing Mountain Dew Baja Blast with Sierra Mist. I normally don't think Mountain Dew otherwise unless if its Throwback.
                            Ooo. I just recently tried throwback Mountain Dew. Yum.
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              It is pretty good, but its no Pitch Black, which is what liquid awesome tastes like.
                              Have you tried Voltage? It's pretty good. Baja Blast is good, but I still think Code Red tops all Mountain Dew flavors, to be honest.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X