Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sickbay

Old 11-08-2017, 02:48 AM
Area Manager

The fact that I've been seeing blood in the bowl for the last week probably isn't helping. It's been happening to me off-and-on for the last 20 years, but it's never lasted this long, and I'm getting really sick of it.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:56 AM
Loanshark IT

Most likely hemorrhoids. However, you should get it checked out. If you are over 50, get your colonoscopy.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:29 AM
Area Manager

I had a colonoscopy done earlier this year (twice, because the first time my insides were so unexpectedly twisted they couldn't get down deep enough, so I had to go in a second time and be more heavily-sedated ), and, aside from a handful of polyps they removed, nothing alarming was discovered, and they said I didn't need another one for five years.

It's just frustrating, especially coming off a period where I had gone the better part of a month with easy bowel movements and no blood. It always happens when some combinations of foods makes me have to strain too much, or go too many times in less than 24 hours. It's always eventually gone back to normal, but it's still disturbing.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:38 AM
Assistant Manager

Sounds like it is time to keep a food and poop diary. Then hopefully you can start eliminating the food/s that are causing pooping issues.

Maybe also try a low dose of laxative each day or when you eat the 'naughty' foods that cause the most issues? Dried fruit can also help and I don't mean just prunes. Dried apricots, apples and pears can have a similar effect and taste better to me.

For example, you know that Food A, that you love, can cause issues the next day. So eat Food A, then for dessert eat some dried fruit. Or snack on the dried fruit during the day, then eat Food A for dinner. The dried fruit will hopefully help your body digest Food A without causing the usual issues.

And even if you do decide to try this, still do a food/poop diary. You might find that just changing around a few things will help or you might discover that something else is causing the issues.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:41 AM
Assistant Manager

Just had a thought as I hit post. When my doc told me to start taking high doses of iron tablets, she did warn me that they can bind some people up causing issues when pooping. I've not had that problem, but it might be what has affecting you since you starting taking the iron tablets.