Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 11-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Cashier

My DM is the same, lethal level food allergies to things that are VERY common and yet she has enough decency to not yell at someone for a goof. Let's face it, when you are allergic to wheat, dairy, soybeans, peanuts and apples (those are the epi pen level ones) plus more, there will be a slip up sooner rather than later. Not pitching a fit gets better results.

Or as anyone who has ever worked in CS will tell you, "Lose your sh!t at me, I will lose all desire to help *you*"

Mom also says that being a drama queen makes the waiter/cook take you less seriously that it could be fatal, not more.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:35 PM
Loanshark IT

Quote:
Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
Food Lady, I have recently become aware of an actual disease that requires extremely low levels of fat. Gastropariesis. My niece has it. It's a dreadful disease where her stomach simply doesn't empty well, so she has developed a very specific diet of low fat/low fiber that doesn't make her stomach hurt. Poor girl. Those 5 grams of fat would have forced her to be in severe pain for hours if she didn't plan around it very carefully.
If you are that allergic to fat, would you go into a coffee shop and order dairy?

Old 11-09-2017, 11:33 PM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth csquared View Post
If you are that allergic to fat, would you go into a coffee shop and order dairy?
I tend to agree with this. I don't have food allergies, but 1 more bee sting will probably kill me before the ambulance arrives. If I had a severe food allergy, I don't think that I would trust anyone buy my sweetie with my food/coffee.

As someone who could die by a bee sting, but loves to grow butterflies*, I am used to dealing with bees. No scents, subdued colors, no loud noises or failing of the arms. We get along just fine.

I do NOT even trust my sweetie around bees if I am also outside. If bees get upset because one got killed, they will sometimes sting anything close. I think it has to do with phonemes or something, but the automatic reaction to getting stung is to slap whatever has stung them while saying bad words. That is very unsafe for me.

*I can brag that I grow Monarch butterflies from seed. You have to start by planting milkweed, which will attract Monarchs because that's the only plant their caterpillars can eat. This year, I raised 37 Monarchs and freed them to join the Grand Migration.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Pune Massacreeist

"... wearing that drink ..."

Just don't phrase your response like the girl in my High School Geometry II class to the boy behind her: "John, would you like a bust in the mouth?"

John: "Yes!!!"

Old 11-10-2017, 01:50 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth dalesys View Post
"... wearing that drink ..."

Just don't phrase your response like the girl in my High School Geometry II class to the boy behind her: "John, would you like a bust in the mouth?"

John: "Yes!!!"

Definitely the wrong way to phrase it!

Actually, I've worked a few morning shifts (starting at 7 a.m.) and those people are my preferred customers ... no fancy drinks for them, just straight caffeine!

Old 11-11-2017, 01:36 AM
No-Account Countess

Quote:
Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
*I can brag that I grow Monarch butterflies from seed. You have to start by planting milkweed, which will attract Monarchs because that's the only plant their caterpillars can eat. This year, I raised 37 Monarchs and freed them to join the Grand Migration.
Just wanted to say, this is so cool!

Old 11-11-2017, 02:06 AM
Cashier

Thank you so much, Morgana I love butterflies and think that Monarchs are amazing. I try to entice people with raising their own Monarchs by bragging or even giving Monarch chrysalises to people with children because once you get the kids hooked, the adults follow!

Its easy and cheap to do. Free milkweed seeds are easily found online. I was using a 4X4 patch of dirt (now that we have a new home, that area will double) to grow the milkweed. When the butterflies laid their eggs. I cut off that part of the plant and put it in a cheap plastic container with a hole cut in the lid so the caterpillars didn't fall into the water and drown. Marbles help hold the plants in place. Container and eggs/cats go into one of those pop up laundry bins with lids.

Put everything into a protected area, without direct sunlight. When the cats start eating, they really eat. And poop. Feed them fresh leaves every couple of days and clean up the poop. (I use a dust buster for this, poop is not offensive at all, but I try to not do anything to disturb the cats.)

In a month, a beautiful monarch will emerge.

Back to the thread from the non-scheduled PSA>

This morning, I staggered into a small coffee shop and muttered something that I hope sounded like words. The barista nodded at me, handed me a small cup of black coffee and a menu with pictures then waved me off. I dropped 5 bucks in the tip jar and wandered off to drink my caffeine.

She did make me an awesome liquid candy bar with a couple of shots of expresso after I was able to speak properly.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:30 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
This morning, I staggered into a small coffee shop and muttered something that I hope sounded like words. The barista nodded at me, handed me a small cup of black coffee and a menu with pictures then waved me off. I dropped 5 bucks in the tip jar and wandered off to drink my caffeine.

She did make me an awesome liquid candy bar with a couple of shots of expresso after I was able to speak properly.
That is a very smart business. Know your client, indeed!

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Area Manager

Fun fact: there are coffee shops that DO sell alcohol. Have one right by the hotel where I work. I don't drink so I have never gotten anything stronger than coffee there, but it's available should someone want it.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:59 PM
Area Manager

A local indie coffee shop also sells wine ... not sure whether they sell anything else in that line.