This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job! Or Two...kinda

Ok so I know I said that I've never work in a hotel again (my family and friends agree that I shouldn't after the horror stories I've told them) but I caved and applied to one close to my house. Actually I was getting pretty bored doing nothing all day too. Anyway, I applied to it and to another one (non hotel related) and got offers from both and now I can't decide!

Job One: Pros

1: It's close by
    2: I know the job like the back of my hand so less chance of failing
    3: Brand new equipment (slightly less chance of it failing than old equipment)
    4: It's part time, with benefits (I think)

Cons

1: It's a hotel!
    2: It has a BAR!
    3: It has a Restaurant!
    4: It's at night!
    5: It starts next month but still have to train for some reason even tho GM knows I already know how to do it
    6: GM is anal, hovering type. she admitted it. ANd she seems a bit scatterbrained, not good
    7: Gm also plans to have lots of weddings there! NOOOOO
    8: GM admitted to not have found a maintenance man yet (NOT GOOD, very very BAAD)

Job Two: Pros

1: It's not a hotel! Though it's an apt building, so it's very much like one, I bet. But I won't be dealing with customers complaints as much. YAY!
    2: It's daytime
    3: Full benefits
    4: It's also close by about the same as the other
    5: Starts immediately (I think)

Cons:

1: It's not a hotel, so I don't know the job, more chance of failing & getting fired
    2: It's full time, my fault, I knew this and still applied
    3: It's manual labor so I might get tired (havent done that in a while so have to build my muscles & stamina up)
    4: Older building & equipment

And that all I can think of. My family & friends think I should do Job Two, they saw what hotel working did to me. THey didn't like it. And I really really Want to work at JOb 2 but I'm SCARED! WHat if I fail? Ever since I got fired at the restaurant I'm scared of failing at a new place. They seem friendly, but so did they....I don't want to make a mistake! Should I stick with what I know or take a risk????
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Vote: Take a risk. You can always "go back". Take both. If risk job doesn't seem good, Job 1 is next month, waiting for you. (Or rejected.)

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
      And I really really Want to work at JOb 2 but I'm SCARED! WHat if I fail? Ever since I got fired at the restaurant I'm scared of failing at a new place. They seem friendly, but so did they....I don't want to make a mistake! Should I stick with what I know or take a risk????
      I'd suggest Job 2. Every new job has a learning curve, even if you've done that type of work before, and as long as you are learning what to do and paying attention to your work, a good boss will forgive newbie errors.

Like your friends and family, I don't want to see you torture yourself at a hotel job, same shit, different place. I think trying something new would be a good choice. Best of luck, whichever you choose.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
        Vote: Take a risk. You can always "go back". Take both. If risk job doesn't seem good, Job 1 is next month, waiting for you. (Or rejected.)
        I agree. Go for it.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
          WHat if I fail? Ever since I got fired at the restaurant I'm scared of failing at a new place. They seem friendly, but so did they....I don't want to make a mistake! Should I stick with what I know or take a risk????
          Have a very simple response to this.
          I am in my late twenties, have only had one girlfriend in my life.

What if you fail? Learn and move on. A statement we could probably both apply.

Comment

Almost every workplace will expect someone to make a few mistakes at first. As long as you learn from them and don't repeat, you won't have anything to worry about.

Comment

Better make mistakes at a new job than burn out in the one you know.
              (Though your pain would get us some good stories to read )

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                Better make mistakes at a new job than burn out in the one you know.
                (Though your pain would get us some good stories to read )
                Lol thanks. Though I do love sharing my pain with people who know exactly what I'm talking about, I'd rather avoid it if I can, .

Anywho, I've decided to take job two and take a risk. I went to orientation and it was ok. I'll be working with another supervisor to train, I hope it goes well. I have to ask questions and I don't like to talk much, but if I don't then they'll (the company) think I don't care. I have a deep fear of failing but I'll just have to get over it and do my best
                Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Woohoo! Congratulations.
                  I'm sorry I missed the "vote" but I would've suggested Job#2 anyway from teh sounds of it ^_^
                  Good on ya
                  Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                  What's the difference?
                  We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
                  X