• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do,
    Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Just think of the surprise the ol' farmer is going to get when he calls the police to report the trailer stolen...
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Oh, I can't WAIT for the follow-up to this one!!
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          Oh, I can't WAIT for the follow-up to this one!!
          Yes, has anybody heard from Ol' MacDonald about this yet?

Comment

Yeah, he came for it the next day, didn't even bother calling the cops, just called his bank, made whatever the minimum payment was to redeem it, and then picked it up.

Tried blaming us for every nick, dent and scratch on it, but that didn't get very far.

Being as it was a farm vehicle, it had farm vehicle levels of wear on it already, he's really not helping his cause.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              Yeah, he came for it the next day, didn't even bother calling the cops, just called his bank, made whatever the minimum payment was to redeem it, and then picked it up.

Tried blaming us for every nick, dent and scratch on it, but that didn't get very far.

Being as it was a farm vehicle, it had farm vehicle levels of wear on it already, he's really not helping his cause.
              Ugh. Twitch'll be taking that one again in the future, I bet.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

They'll be getting more "creative" with the repo-proofing, which means he'll just get more creative with the repoing.

Remember folks, it's not a fair fight.

You run at your own cost, but he gets PAID to chase you.

Comment

Agreed, a call from the bank asking for another repo will be in Twitch's future.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out!

Comment

I've got $10 on "next month".
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                      They'll be getting more "creative" with the repo-proofing, which means he'll just get more creative with the repoing.
                      Ooh, I want video! (or at least pics--this could get very entertaining)
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

See: Buddy and his big ass truck. It's in Argabarga's posts and details someone trying to find the secret combo move to not be towed.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                          See: Buddy and his big ass truck. It's in Argabarga's posts and details someone trying to find the secret combo move to not be towed.
                          Near as I can tell from the shenanegans with my neighbor the only way to keep something from being repo'ed 100% is to lock it in a building and not let it out.
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                            Near as I can tell from the shenanegans with my neighbor the only way to keep something from being repo'ed 100% is to lock it in a building and not let it out.
                            As long as you leave it there, but, people who do that... well, they gotta go to work/the grocery/a gas station/church eventually.....

Comment

Arga: Can other trailers (or any other vehicles) be towed to get to the one needing repo? If they box it in on all four sides, can one be towed out of the way to do the 90-degree maneuver again? I'd like to see the look on the farmer's face if he came back and found the cage trailers all neatly back in place but the center one missing.
                              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Nope, can't move other vehicles and cannot forcibly open things like locked doors, locked gates, etc.

He just underestimated how much clearance he left on that one side, plus, it was partially blocked by an old oil drum, no law that says you can't roll that a few feet to the right.... :P

Comment

Working...
                                X