Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you couldn't drink coffee for one day, would you . . . ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have spent much of my adult life [from when I moved out of the house as an emancipated minor at 16 until I popped 210/190 5 or 6 years back pre-op and haven't had a normal BP without meds since then] drinking coffee all day, starting with waking up and ending with a 24 oz espresso before bed and had to go coffeeless more than once [generally when I screwed something up and ended up in hospital] and never had withdrawl issues. Though I did once have one hell of a migraine when someone gave me caffeine pills to keep me awake to study [I wanted coffee, they didn't want to take the time off to go with me to get coffee to make a new pot with. Asshole, 15 minutes to walk across the street to buy a can of coffee would have taken up the time they broke for bathroom call.]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I fasted Tish b'Av (for health reasons, I only fast on Tish b'Av and Yom Kippur). Fortunately, those very health reasons that stop me from fasting also make it very uncomfortable for me to drink caffeinated coffee or sodas. So, while I don't have personal experience from this, I do know that all my friends who drink coffee start cutting back bit by bit at least a few days before the fast, so that when it comes they are not so badly affected. That seems like a much better idea than caffeine suppositories, but what do I know?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        (oh, and I'm still waiting for someone to ask me if they can fill up a Fleet enema bottle with coffee. Nobody seems to have thought of that yet.)
        I saw an episode of My Strange Addiction that had two adults who took multiple coffee enemas a day. They both worked from home, which helped them work around their enema schedule.

I occasionally get migraines. Imitrex has been enough. But after a recent sinus surgery, at a post-op my surgeon went overboard debriding the wound. I was down with migraines for four days straight, and what helped bring me out of them was combining Imitrex, carisoprodal and caffeine tablets. I'm still having to take caffeine tablets several times a week, as I feel the migraines start.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

How many crapuccinos is in one suppository?
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
            Also, I know that so many people think that dark roasts, including espresso, are high in caffeine. It's not - much of the caffeine is lost in the roasting process. You want a real good (or bad) caffeine high, go for the light roasts instead.
            You wouldn't believe (you probably would) the amount of people who would argue til blue in the face that the dark roast was "stronger." Okay, I understand the misconception. The dark roast TASTES more powerful. But when the person on the payroll of the second biggest coffee company in the nation explains to you exactly WHY the light roast has more....you should probably listen.

As far as espresso goes, being a darker roast, it's definitely less caffeine bean for bean. It's the PROCESS that makes it stronger. A 1.5oz shot has a little less, a little more, or about the same caffeine as an 8oz drip, depending on your source.

I also made slow headway on my quest to eradicate the keeping of coffee in the freezer. Despite my theatrics, entreaties, and even physical chastisement, the practice continued.

Now for myself and caffeine...I do love my coffee, but since I stopped working at a shop, I drink way less of it. I've never had withdrawl. I used to be able to do a double shot of espresso at 9pm and still be asleep a few hours later. Now, probably not.
            My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Suppositories *are* one of the traditional methods of tobacco use...
              And from what I've read on these forums (fora?), managers seem to be fond of tobacco smoke enemas - giving them to the "worker bees", not getting them. I understand this is done in combination with "mushroom therapy" i.e. keep them in the dark, feed them bullshit, and blow smoke up their asses (highlight for an explanation).

Quoth Shalom View Post
              Someone came into the store on Friday and asked us to compound her Fioricet into suppositories for her. I have no idea whether or how well they work by the rectal route, but whatever, that's between her head and her butt. What bothers me about this whole thing is, she didn't get them from us in the first place.
              Repeat after me:

"For liability reasons, we don't compound using unknown medications, with unknown medications being anything obtained elsewhere, or purchased here and which have already passed across the counter into the customer's possession. If you want your medication compounded, it must be obtained here and compounded BEFORE you take delivery of it."
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X