This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Val Resnick.....where is he??

I just had someone call in looking for a guy by the last name of "Resnick" (though not spelled that way).

If you're as big a fan of the Mel Gibson movie "Payback" as I am you'll know why that struck me as funny and why I was tempted to ask if the caller's name was "Porter."

He didn't say if he was looking for $70,000
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I once ID'd someone whose last name was Potter. Without thinking, I commented "Oh, as in Harry!" I then apologized profusely. The guy smiled weakly at my comment, he'd obviously heard it many times before.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I just wrapped up an online auction with a man with the last name of Putz. I can only imagine the flak he's taken all his life...!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I dealt with a guy whose surname was Pliskin a while back.
        First thing that popped into my head was to say "I heard you were dead", but that probably wouldn't have gone down well.

Comment

Whenever I got a customer with an unusual "ripe with bad pun/joke possibilities" last name at the wholesale club, I would just give them a sympathetic look and say, "And I'm sure you've heard all the jokes."

They would just sigh and nod. I would commiserate and tell them, "You don't have to tell me about it. My last name's [Name]." No, in RL, my last name isn't Winger, but it is one of those "ripe with bad pun/joke possibilities" names. And yes, I've heard all the jokes.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I have a last name made famous by a series of Chevy Chase movies. I sympathize. Oh, how I sympathize.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              I just wrapped up an online auction with a man with the last name of Putz. I can only imagine the flak he's taken all his life...!
              Imagine if he went to a live auction...

$10,100 going once,
              $10,100 going twice,
              sold for $10,000!
              Congratulations Putz!

Last edited by marlovino; 08-17-2014, 11:26 PM.
              I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

I had a teacher once who got engaged while I was in her class. She was upfront about it, including the fact that her fiancee's family name was "Dick". Worse, in college he played on the football team.

She remembered one game where the tension was high, the game very close, and time running down in the forth quarter. His team ran a trick play, and he got the football, running straight through a gap in the defensive line. The stadium announcer was going wild, shouting the play-by-play. When the fiancee broke through the defenders, the announcer screamed, "AND THERE GOES DICK WITH PENETRATION!"

My teacher reported the entire stadium went quiet for a beat, then 20,000+ people started cracking up.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  When the fiancee broke through the defenders, the announcer screamed, "AND THERE GOES DICK WITH PENETRATION!"

My teacher reported the entire stadium went quiet for a beat, then 20,000+ people started cracking up.
                  This, right here, is why one of my mates kept her maiden name when she got married. She is a rather well endowed lady, and her husband-to-be's surname was Grabhem...
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                  X