This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaaaand we're all idiots....

Three times this week I located some missing product.....right there on the shelf, under all of our noses.

First, I found two packages of overhead projector transparencies that had been put in the wrong spot, one facing to the right of where they belonged. No one could find them, so an out of stock tag was put up and they were written off. It wasn't until the replacement stock arrived that I noticed the same thing just to the right.

The very next day I had the exact same thing happen with some $50 Buxton organizers, this time a variance of +5.

Those two adjustments alone represent $300+ retail value of stock. As I commented to Focker...."Everyone in the OS department - myself included - has [made] themselves retarded....."

Last night, I found another one.....+10 on a photo paper SKU that retails for $22.49.

As silly as this is, it is definitely the exception rather than the rule. We usually write-off FAR more than we plus-up.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    Three times this week I located some missing product.....right there on the shelf, under all of our noses.

First, I found two packages of overhead projector transparencies that had been put in the wrong spot, one facing to the right of where they belonged. No one could find them, so an out of stock tag was put up and they were written off.
    I'd be happy to take those off your hands.... oh, wait, you already re-adjusted the counts. never mind.
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
    X