This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiny little baby boy

God, as if I didn't have enough to deal with right now...

One of the other suppliers of the company where I work is pissed off at me.

Why is that? you may ask.

Why, indeed?

Well, I committed a unforgivable sin. Really. It's truly awful, and if I were Catholic, people would be lighting candles everywhere for me, I'm so bad.

Seems I've been taking too much of the work that comes in.

Now, in all fairness, work has slacked off this week. Not much is coming in. And when it does come in, well, somebody has to take it. I had been asking this other supplier how he was doing with work, did he need extra, etc. But today, I neglected that function. So, I can understand him being upset about it. But the thing is, all he had to do was TELL me that he didn't have enough work, and there wouldn't have been a problem - at least, not in my opinion. I would have been happy to let him take on everything. Fine by me.

Only he didn't. He didn't tell me. Not a peep out of him. Then he burst loose in a tirade, telling me how selfish I was, how he should be as "ruthless" as I am, he's lost faith in fair play (yes, he really did say that), that I'm rude, etc. All kinds of petty bitchiness.

I pointed out to him that I had NO way of knowing how much work he had to do, and if he didn't TELL me, there was no way I could know. I told him to stop with the personal comments. He tried to get in more little digs at me, trying to get me to react in the same childish way as he was - which wouldn't be easy, because this guy can really throw a Class A tantrum. I repeated what I had said:

I didn't know how much work he had to do.
    If he wanted work, he was able to take it.
    If he didn't have enough work, he could tell me.

I asked him for his ideas on a solution, and got a "what's the use" attitude. This guy's favorite word is "whatever". (I called him on that one, too.) Evidently, if he can't have everything exactly his way, he throws a fit that would have a two-year-old goggled-eyed with envy.

This, by the way, is the same guy who thought it was funny to talk about stalking someone because "I'm bored." When I called him on it, he went defensive and pouty; the "I guess I'm just a terrible person" and all the rest of it. Seems like he just wants enemies everywhere, and no friends.

So I'm looking VERY VERY HARD for another place to work.

I can start working at the new place, oh, yesterday.

I would take a baby bottle and a blanky and put them in a box marked "In Case Of Emergency" and give it to him.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I'd rather just shove a pacifier in his mouth.

Or another orifice.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
        I'd rather just shove a pacifier in his mouth.

Or another orifice.
        His ass, his mouth, what's the difference?

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
          His ass, his mouth, what's the difference?
          One's full of shit and the other is covered by his pants.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Actually, his head is so far up his ass already, I don't need to think about which orifice to plug. One shove will do the job for both.

Comment

At least you could say you gave at the orifice.
              Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Almost 24 hours later, and he's STILL pissed off and pouting.

I told him that I had to do something today, and would it be okay if I were not available for a couple of hours?

His reply: "Do whatever you want."

I asked again. Would it be okay?

It made no difference to him, and he really doesn't care.

Jesus, what a douchebag. The fact that he is married, shows that there are, sadly, still a lot of desperate women in this world. His wife must have a REAL fun time with him, especially since he made a "joke" to me (ONE WEEK after they were married) about getting divorced.

This is a toxic environment all-around. The "management" consists of incompetent, insane fools, one supplier has his head firmly up his ass, and another has been putting me down and blaming me for the problems at the company ever since she and her boyfriend broke up some years back.

Comment

Working...
                X