Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess this could count as a sucky customer...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess this could count as a sucky customer...

This happened about twenty minutes ago, around midnight. I was nestled snugly in my bed, playing Dr. Mario on my gameboy.

Suddenly I heard footsteps on the front porch, followed by the doorbell ringing three times. I got up and ran to the door, all kinds of horrible possibilities of who could be ringing the doorbell in the middle of the night going through my mind. I turned on the porch light and looked through the glass in the door (but didn't unlock it, I thought they might be robbers that might wait for you to open the door and then jump in to shoot the place up or something). All I saw was a guy getting into a car on the road. My father showed up then in his pajamas and went out with a flashlight to talk to the guy. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but after a minute my dad came back and the guy drove away. What was going on, you ask? Some guy called for a cab and gave them our address by mistake.
    The cabs in our city are dark coloured, unfortunately, so it was hard to tell in the dark.

I wasn't asleep, so I don't really mind, and my dad didn't seem too upset (he just went "well, excitement's over" and went back to bed) but I know that some people would probably be pissed, being woken up in the middle of the night because of some guy's mistake. Also, my cat ran out when I opened the door to try to listen, and I couldn't get him to come back in. If he gets sprayed by a skunk, hit by a car, or bitten by a raccoon, I will be very put out.

So is this a sucky customer? If it isn't, whoever has the power can move it to off-topic.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Well it's pretty sucky not to know your own address when you ring a taxi company. It sucked for you and it also sucked for that driver who probably suspected that your dark house was not a correct address since everyone looked like they were in bed. Now he drove all the way out there and has no fare. Yeah, I'd say that's pretty sucky.
    It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

it may be an honest mistake, mishearing the street or number.

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
        it may be an honest mistake, mishearing the street or number.
        You would also be amazed at how difficult it is to read house numbers in the dark, especially when you're trying to find a particular house QUICKLY.

Please folks, make it easy to read, illuminate them or something, you'll never know when you need someone to find you in a hurry.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
          You would also be amazed at how difficult it is to read house numbers in the dark, especially when you're trying to find a particular house QUICKLY.

Please folks, make it easy to read, illuminate them or something, you'll never know when you need someone to find you in a hurry.
          I'm amazed how many businesses don't have visible numbers.
          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

/\ I wish the DT I work at had the address on the door or something.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
              Ha ha! My store's address is completely different than the number atop our door. I've yet to figure this phenomena out.
              This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                I am, too. Then, if you call because you can't find it among the Giant Multi-Tiered Strip Mall of Doom ... you get some snotty employee that can't believe you don't know where they are.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Probably one of Gravekeeper's regular callers.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                  X