Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no, you aren't funny and you can't make me care.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth kibbles View Post
    Where in the story did he lie?
    Am I missing something?
    Asked

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    and... it sounds like Aislin had to go through something i've had to face too...

"Person_x told me you could do this for me"
    and more often than not, they'd never even asked Person_x in the first place, or was told "no" and figured that they'd get their way if they lied.

And it sounds like he did it twice here...
    1) "The blond woman from last night said you could do it".... (no blond working nights, so either he was mistaken or just trying to get his way)

2) "She (Aislin) said they'd look good!"... and obviously Aislin never said that, so now it's looking even more like he's use to falsly dropping names to convince others of lies
    Answered
    "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
    James from Pokémon.

Comment

Sorry, still don't see he suckyness of the customer.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        and... it sounds like Aislin had to go through something i've had to face too...

"Person_x told me you could do this for me"
        and more often than not, they'd never even asked Person_x in the first place, or was told "no" and figured that they'd get their way if they lied.
        I've had this a couple of times:
        "The guy working last night said you can give me X for free."
        "No I didn't."

Comment

I dunno. I might consider the OP sucky the first time when he interrupted the OP when she was busy with the box of film, but then again if I am carrying out an item for a customer and get asked for help by somebody else, I have to at least try to head them in the right direction and not give them a cat-butt face because I'm in the middle of something else.

If she feels the best way to help the OP is to give him a sheet of instructions instead of holding his hand the entire way through the process, I don't think I have much of a problem with that if it's done courteously and professionally.

Butting in on the OP while she's busy with another customer, though, is definitely sucky on the customer's part. Especially since he didn't even try to follow any instructions on the sheet.

Lastly, I can't imagine anybody in their right mind trying to make prints of cell phone pictures. The resolution is so low and the picture is so grainy it would look like shit no matter what you tried. But it could be the customer just doesn't understand this. Hell, my mom still doesn't seem to grasp that her new digital camera doesn't come with film in it.

I don't really see where the OP was rude. Rude to me would be telling the customer "I'm busy; go bug somebody else" instead of even trying to offer any help, and I don't see where the OP did that.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sounds like the same setup the photo department at my store has. There are self-serve kiosks if you know what you're doing. They cost alot less, but you have to do most of the work yourself. If you want someone to do it for you it costs extra. The guy basically wanted to get Aislin to do it for the self-serve price. Most people who try to use the self-serve kiosks don't read the help at all and just ask an employee to hold their hand through the process - totally defeating the point.

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
              Where in the story did he lie? And I didn't see any part of the story where he whined?

Am I missing something?

Quoth Aislin View Post
              And no I won't do them for anyone because being nice to this type of customer only leads to more issues. I give him a direction sheet and heard him to a kios and walk away.
              all customers are given the direction sheet-no one treated differently-I don't see a problem with that

Quoth Aislin View Post
              He starts to whine. "But the blonde girl last night said you would help meeee" and tries to shove his phone and phone cable into my already full hands.
              I would say this is suck

Quoth Aislin View Post
              about 25 minutes later as I am wrapping up that order he comes to the counter with my coworker unhappy that his pictures he got off his phone look so shitty and I over hear "she told me they would look good" pointing to me.
              and this is a lie
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Lastly, I can't imagine anybody in their right mind trying to make prints of cell phone pictures.
                My cell phone has a five megapixel camera on the back.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                  And I have a crappy Motorola Silvr.

I don't use the camera anymore.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

In this case, I would say both sides had a bit of suck in them. A simple "I'm busy with another customer at the moment, but I will be right with you" would have sufficed. However, the SC was a whiny liar, and that's where his suck comes in.

I admit I get comletely put off when I ask an SC if they have read their manual, it's obvious that they haven't, but they lie to me anyway and say "Yes, I read it and it wasn't in there!" A little different situation, but the end is the same.

Or if I have a customer that wants me to completely wipe their ass for them so they won't HAVE to read their manual(like the SC and his instructions for the kiosk). I'm sorry, it isn't my job to explain to you the function of your RC car. Why? Because it is YOUR hobby. And what makes it a hobby, is the fact that you do it yourself. I will gladly tell you what your kit requires, and help you with basics(like finding replacement parts or upgrades), but after that you are on your own. I'm not here to do your projects for you.
                    Check out my cosplay social group!
                    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                      LUCKY

and I have a few customers who regularly make pics off their phones. and they are great but they also 1) read and follow instructions and are understanding when it does not go their way.

The thing about this guy is "I am busy with another person" would not work,
                      he is the only person in the universe. My mouth was open and talking to the OC as in "It's not problem, we will find the film you dropped in the drop box and get...(insert rude guy talking over me) your prints made"

Quoth Ree View Post

No offense, but if I had been that customer, I wouldn't be coming back there.

That would be great, because for the money my coworker waisted helping him and him not paying for his photos because he claims that I said they would look great and they looked like trash, we could have come out ahead on the deal if he would not have come back. And the fact he tied up the machine for 25 minutes to make 2 pictures he did not buy making it impossible for someone who would follow directions to use it (there were 3 woman waiting and 2 walked away frustrated because he was huffing and hawing about how hard it was to get his photos off the phone.) so they could have made pictures and made the lab some profits.
                      Last edited by Ree; 05-25-2008, 05:17 PM. Reason: excessive quoting

Comment

Maybe he did come in and your coworker told him to come back later to you. How many customers does your coworker helps in a day? Does he remember each and everyone? What if they came in about once a month, would he remember that person from this person? Sorry, I still do not see the suck on the customers part. Just on the OP's part.
                        Last edited by powerboy; 05-25-2008, 06:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
                          And the fact he tied up the machine for 25 minutes to make 2 pictures he did not buy making it impossible for someone who would follow directions to use it (there were 3 woman waiting and 2 walked away frustrated because he was huffing and hawing about how hard it was to get his photos off the phone.) so they could have made pictures and made the lab some profits.
                          Quoth powerboy View Post
                          Sorry, I still do not see the suck on the customers part. Just on the OP's part.
                          Lesse, lied about what the OP said about photos looking good, didn't buy the prints he made, and tied up the machine for a long time. Yes, if someone'd helped him, maybe he wouldn't have taken as long (MAYBE), but he still lied about that. Little lie, big lie? A non-existant co-worker! There's a big lie! Guy either lied about when he came in, or about who he talked to. That's at least 2 lies now. Why not presume he also lied about what this phantom co-worker said? How is it so many people cannot see any suck on this guy's part?
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

LUCKY
                            It's a Nokia N95. So, in some ways, yes.

But, I bought it ONE MONTH before the N95 8G was released for the same price. Not-so-lucky.
                            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              How is it so many people cannot see any suck on this guy's part?
                              I think people are more willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt since from the original post, it seems the customer was treated with annoyance from the very beginning.

JMO

Comment

It just looks like the wording put a few people off from the beginning. I can see after a few posts that this guy obviously deserved a bit of a spotlight on CS.com.
                                Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X