This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a fine night I had (long story)

There's just something disturbing about being ROBBED.

So last night was a quiet night for me. It generally is on the weekends but I did wind up with 6 walk-ins (yay me!).

It was about half an hour before the end of the shift where it got bad. I was in the back office finishing up the last of my paperwork because I just literly just finished my balance on the computer when I heard a slight thump.
    I shrugged it off because it was the same thump sound when you closed the door leading into the front desk area so I figured it was my boss. He's generally in and out throughout the day and I figured this was no different.

Until I heard the clickclickclick of one of our drawers being opened. Odd, so I exited the office to investigate. What did I find?

Some guy leaning over the counter with his grubby hands in my money drawer! Our conversation went something like this:

Me: (screaming) What the fuck are you doing?!
    Perp: !

Yes, I know. I'd never seen anyone actually say "!" but he did. He also fucked up by looking directly at me when I screamed.

He heaved himself off the counter and out the lobby door. I gave chase; through the employees only door, through the lobby and into the parking lot. I got as far as his truck (I even managed to get the door open) before he hit the gas and sped away. Once again, I gave chase. This time trying to get his plates.

After getting about halfway down the drive way I got his plates memorized and ran back inside to call 911. Spoke to a very nice lady and, when I was finished, called my boss and told him to please come and expect the police to be there too.

It was at that point I was able to break down and start crying and think about what happened. Yes, it was stupid to give chase. I know that now. My boss came in shortly after and asked if I was okay. He didn't care that money was stolen, he just worried about his favourite employee. He bought me a soda and another guest was there to help me keep from hyperventilating so much (I did it twice).

The cops showed up over an HOUR after I called 911 (gee, thanks Emergency), took my statement (I had one hell of a description on the guy) and said I could go home. I had BF and XXDarrienX both come and get me because I was sure I couldn't drive in that condition.

I spent 4 hours crying and not sleeping (I'm exhausted right now) because I was damned sure I was going to loose my job (My boss said I wouldn't, but I'd seen articles and news reports that said otherwise). My boss said that as long as I was okay, it didn't matter, I couldn't get fired for that. Which is why I came into work today.

In all my years of working (worked since I was 15, as of next month I'll have been working in the hotel industry for 3 years) I have never had anyone steal from me. I told one of my day officers (the cops that come in randomly throughout the day to finish up paperwork and get something cold to drink) and he said he would be in and out all day and he'd help keep an eye on me.

So that's that. I doubt they'll catch the guy but if he stole from another business last night, they'll know it was him and they'll be back for my security tapes then.

So how are you guys?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

My gods Queen. *offers huge hugs and holds*

I'm sorry I wouldn't have pushed you to type that out and relive again. At least your okay, remember thast your okay.

Comment

Holy golden toilet seats, that's a hell of a night. Sorry you had to go through that. D: One can only hope he gets his just deserts.
      This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        My gods Queen. *offers huge hugs and holds*

I'm sorry I wouldn't have pushed you to type that out and relive again. At least your okay, remember thast your okay.
        *hugs lots*

It's okay, my dear. I'm having to repeat it to all my co-workers so I don't mind adding it here.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Being robbed sucks ass. In my case it was only 5 bucks the punks got off me, but in return I got a nice punch to the jaw and a trip to the ER when it started crunching and cracking and I was convinced I was going to end up sucking all my meals through a straw for a while.

And then there were the trials. I was scared shitless about those, having to go up on the stand in front of the robbers and their gangbanger friends and tell what happened to me. But fortunately they copped pleas so I didn't have to go to court, and one of them ended up being killed in jail.

The most important thing is that you are okay
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Still luv, you shouldn't have to but I know your most likely going to hear about it days and weeks from now. I hope they catch the coward and they put him in jail.

Remember we're all here for you.

Comment

I know Aethian, thanks. I'm just happy that I'm okay too. I think I've had enough excitment for this year.

Comment

I would say so. Time to take off the target and hand it over to someone else.

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
                  *HUGSHUGSHUGS*

Wow, I'm glad you're ok. How much, if any, cash did the guy manage to take? Good on you for getting his plates. You did great.
                  You won't believe it when I tell you. The guy got all of $37. A small handful of fives and a pile of ones. It made me happy to learn that most of my till was in quarters.

He left the twenty because, I think, I scared him before he could get it. It's a good thing he didn't bother to jump the counter (the counter is approximately 45 inches high) because I had a $200 in the bottom drawer for breaking hundred dollar bills.

Comment

eep! I was only fake robbed (some dickhead thought it would be funny to wrap foil around his finger and go "This is a holdup"), and that was bad enough. When I started freaking out the idiot apologised and threw himself out of the store.

Good thing that you weren't hurt and that he only got away with a small amount!

Comment

*Hugs and leans on*

I still maintain you're lucky I wasn't there. He'd have had a pair of scissors in his ass. Nobody hurts my sister-chan. Grr.

Told Mum and Dad about it, they're glad you're okay and proud you scared the shit outta the guy.

*Pat-pats*

Proud of you for keeping your cool, sister.
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

My sister (who is now dubbed the professional victim) had her purse stolen last week. She too gave chase and the guys tried to run her down. She jumped out of the way and wasn't hurt besides a scraped knee.

Hers has a happy ending. They did find the kids (4 of them 14-17) and the one who stole the purse turned over a full written confession. She's going after them for robbery and the investigator wants to charge them with attempted assult for turning around and coming after her with the car.

While it sucks the kids were young, if they're starting this early with that crap, I believe that they should get whatever's coming to them. (And yes I'd say the same about my own child too.)
                        You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Same here. Kids like that need to be taught a lesson that they won't forget. Of course if my kids thought of doing something like this it would be a "Please don't tell my Mom" deal. I wouldn't hit but I would show displeasure through chores, and like my Mom hopefully just the look of dissapointment.

Comment

I don't really know u but HUGS I have been there too...

As far as firing you for giving chase, that is just retarded anyway. I agree its not the best choice, but I chased a crack head out of a store wearing nothing but my uniform t-shirt in sub-zero christmas weather, (well I was fully clothed... just no coat) then on a 10 minute chase through the mall parking lot, where he repeatedly told me he was going to kill me, and his friend (who was cruising around the lot) was going to hit me with his car.

It only made me happy that he spend christmas in jail.

Things will calm down for you soon enough. I think that in the end, with a situation like this, you do what you think you have to do, and I applaud you for not cowering in your office, and doing what you could to stop the guy.

Either way, I gaurantee that your reaction, scared the hell out of him. And he hardly got anything to show for it. Besides if you got the plates, and he was stupid enough to be in his own car, (since he grabbed small bills first, I am betting he was in his daddy's car) odds are they will get him...

Comment

Oh dear blog! I'm glad you're okay! Hey, look on the bright side, he didn't threaten your life in any way. My BF was working in another hobbyshop while he was in college and actually had a guy hold him up at gunpoint.

I think you were very brave to run after him like that to get his plates, but it would have really sucked if he ended up hurting you over a mere $37. Please be more careful!
                              Check out my cosplay social group!
                              http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                              X