Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor you ! I hope you are getting back to an unstressed state - that sounds terrifying.

Giving chase (as you know) wasn't sensible - but a good description and an attempt at taking the car plates is good going. And really nothing at all matters as long as no one was hurt.

$37 ? All you can feel is contempt really isn't it ? So easy to make that much doing honest work - but this idiot was willing to scare and hurt people, and will no doubt end up in jail soon, over that. Pathetic.

(I'm not saying robbery is right for more money - but there's something about taking that risk for so little that is soooo stupid).

Victoria J

Comment

I'm so glad you're all right! It was a brave, but kinda foolish, thing you did, giving chase. I'm glad it was a small amount and that soon he'll be behind bars.
      "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        I spent 4 hours crying and not sleeping (I'm exhausted right now)

You are safe, you have got home tonight. Those are the two most important things.

Might not have been the most prudent deisision to follow, but breaking off after you got the VRM most certainly was.

You did good!

*Have some cookies*
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

*oodles of hugs*
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Holy hell! I'm glad you're ok, EQ.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Dear EQ

That must've been a helluva scare. Thankfully, you are allright (if a bit shaken up) and the perp go away with next to nothing. Worse yet, there is now a witness who can describe him (you and the videos). Methinks he'll be landing up in the slammer sooner rather than later.

Have yourself a bubblebath with a good book and think good thoughts. *HUGS*
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Glad to hear your ok, just try not to let it get to you. Being robbed or held up is scary, and if you continualy think about it or worry about it maybe happening again, you'll just make yourself sick. I know only because about a year and a half ago I was robbed by knife point, on christmas-eve. It was the first and last time it has ever happened, but the worst part of it is trying to calm down after, and resume normal living.
                So I hope you feel better, and that something like this doesn't ever happen to you again.

Comment

I think a lot of people are forgetting our basic human instinct- fight or flight. It's fairly common/normal for people to chase after someone if something was taken. If you had siblings and they took your toy- what did you do? Chased after them. Is it the smartest thing to do? Not really, but given the instance, sometimes that's the first reaction our bodies think of.
                  You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
                    If you had siblings and they took your toy- what did you do?
                    She kicked my ass.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your lousy day... Criminals suck.

I have a roomy who works retail (gas). The store has been robbed 3 times in 7 years (not counting drive-offs). He refuses to work any more nights, and I sure don't blame him.

Shear lunacy to have a gas station open at midnight with only a single clerk...

As it was my mother was almost a victim of a robbery in our own business some time back. Our dog put an end to that nonsense before he could even get started.
                      *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                      *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

You won't believe it when I tell you. The guy got all of $37. A small handful of fives and a pile of ones. It made me happy to learn that most of my till was in quarters.
                        Mmm - so he drove there and drove away. Does anyone think he even close to covered his costs?

Rapscallion

Comment

Since the price of gas just hit $3.75 a gallon, Iwould say he's..... 28 cents ahead? (he was driving a gas-guzzler too)
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Since the price of gas just hit $3.75 a gallon, Iwould say he's..... 28 cents ahead? (he was driving a gas-guzzler too)
                            Just hit $3.75? I wanna live where you live! I haven't seen anything under $3.89 in at least a good 6 months!
                            You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
                              Just hit $3.75? I wanna live where you live! I haven't seen anything under $3.89 in at least a good 6 months!
                              It's been $4.25 for about a week here.

I went to England for vacation towards the end of April for a week. When I got back gas had gone up about 50 cents a gallon and grocery prices had just jumped up. My usual coffee at the store had gone up $2 a pound. But that's not so bad, the other lady getting coffee ground at the same time had her favorite blend's price go up $5, yes FIVE DOLLARS a pound, in literally one week.

Comment

4.25$? Holy snap!
                                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                                X