X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm just glad you're ok...oO!
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Wow, it was creepy enough when I came back to my apartment and found it had been robbed. I can't even begin to imagine if the intruder had still been there.

Glad you're OK.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Tutorgal View Post
        It's been $4.25 for about a week here.
        Not too far behind you. I'm at $4.11-$4.20

Quoth MadMike View Post
        Wow, it was creepy enough when I came back to my apartment and found it had been robbed. I can't even begin to imagine if the intruder had still been there.
        Tell me about it! I was broken into 2 days after my place was evacuated for the huge fires at the houses one over from mine:

http://www.nbc30.com/slideshow/news/...67/detail.html (my images)

I do have YouTube video of it too if anyone is interested.

And people wonder why I don't watch TV....
        Last edited by Gothicsmurf; 05-28-2008, 04:43 AM.
        You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

According to what I've found, Canadian gas is around (not exact, just approx) $4.54 a US gallon (in US dollars).

Evil Queen, I haven't been here long, but you're one of the best posters I've seen, I'm glad you're still around and kicking. Don't be afraid to talk to anyone if you find yourself panicking randomly.
          "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Thank you for the kind compliment Froglet. ^_^ I'm not afraid to tell it how it is so don't worry. If I begin panicking, you guys will know about it.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Hah! gas here is just $3.69 a gallon.

On Topic. I don't post very much here either. But I wanted to say I really know what you are going through. I made it through almost 5 years working in gas stations with out getting robbed. Then BAM twice in two weeks. The first guy did have a gun, and the second sort of jumped onto the counter shoved me back and grabbed some money from drawer. Both were caught. The first guy with gun is enjoying 25 years for his $87. Which he only got to keep for about 10 minutes since I got the his plates, and as luck would have it there was a patrol car just down the road. The second is going up for 15 for the $40 he got.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                ITA with that one.
                EvilQueen, I'm glad you're ok. Take it easy on yourself the next few days, got that? After my apartment was broken into I got some anti-anxiety meds (already had a dr's appointment for unrelated back pain before the theft). Never took them, but it made me feel better to know that I had them if I needed them! Just a thought of what worked for me.

Most of all, I'm glad you're ok. (That deserves saying twice!)

Comment

Quoth Tutorgal View Post
                  I went to England for vacation towards the end of April for a week. When I got back ...
                  I was expecting you to say you were used to the price

Rapscallion

Comment

I wasn't working the night someone had jumped our desk & robbed us. The other lady I worked with at the time was on, alone. She had gone upstairs to help guests & that. She had locked doors behind her, just didn't lock the drawers. She didn't realize we had been robbed until she went to close out her shift. She was terribly freaked out, and her mind ran away with her. She realized that the perp could have been hiding in back still.

I felt really bad for her. Luckily we have cameras, and there he was jumping the counter & taking the money. It had been a guy who as sitting in the lobby "waiting for a cab". He had asked her for change for a $5, and she had made the mistake of needing to open both drawers looking for ones. So, he knew both drawers contained money. Same guy also robbed The Fairfield Inn that night, similar tactics.

I am sorry that happened to you. I appreciate you tried to run the bastard down, even if you realized how crazy that was!
                    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Glad you're okay, EQ. Please take care of yourself? That's a traumatizing experience . . .

Comment

Working...
                      X