This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 stamps and a letter later....

Well, just got the mail in, and was a bit surprised to find a rather large box (considering it's the postal system). I opened the box, to find a letter and a toner cartridge. The letter read something along the lines of, "We are returning this cartridge because it's empty, and we would like a credit posted to our account, for it." Now, the way we normally do credits/returns, is either the customer calls in, and requests a pickup, or they call their sales rep. If someone just sends a product back with a driver, or (as in this case) mails/UPS something back, we have to call them. So, I had the cartridge over to FAJ and see if she'll find out what's going on. I swear, I always give her the good stuff.

FAJ: Hi this is me, calling from our company, and we have a cartridge here, that you sent back. Was it deffective?
    C: No, it's just empty.
    FAJ: Did it come to you empty?
    C: No, but it is now.
    FAJ: okay. I see here that you purchased this cartridge about six months ago.
    C: yes, we did.
    FAJ: Okay, we will not be able to give you credit for this cartridge.
    C: Well, why not?
    FAJ: We don't give credit for products over 60days old, and it appears you have used this cartridge.
    C: Well yeah we used it, and now it's empty, that's why we're returning it! So, now you're saying we won't be getting the credit?
    FAJ: That is correct.
    C: Well, I don't know why we sent it back to you then. What horrible service. Good day.

Poor FAJ was laughing so hard, when she hung up the phone, she almost had tears in her eyes. Then I showed her the box it came in. No joke 10 stamps. I'm not sure which was funnier, the fact that these guys wasted $4.20 to send back a cartridge or the fact that they really thought they were going to get credit for an ink cartridge that they had used up.
    "God appreciates your editing" -Kes

Quoth Falconess View Post
    Well, just got the mail in, and was a bit surprised to find a rather large box (considering it's the postal system).
    I have a feeling you don't trust the postal system...

As for sending back a empty used cartridge? What the heck was he thinking?I mean he paid for the item and used what he paid for...this isn't like you get a free refill or something.

Comment

Oh, I trust the postal system a bit more than I trust UPS, but part of my job description is dealing with both, and while I've only been at this job for nine months, I've already learned, both have serious flaws. At least it's easier for me to track UPS.

Comment

By this logic, I can take my empty Cheez-it box back to the store after eating them and demand a refund.

Hell, if I take it to WM, they'll probably give me one.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Well, there are a lot of things that are refillable, and the used/empty remains can sometimes be returned for a partial credit. This obviously isn't one of those things, and they should have checked first, yadda yadda, but the basic premise isn't out of line.

Dell says that they'll take back my toner cartridge when it's empty, but I think in this case that's for recycling and not any credit back to me.

Comment

The SC expected a free refill? Come now...

Comment

HAHA, what did they think they were actually paying for??? Maybe it was the pretty colours that came out their printer.
              Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Sounds like not just a refill ... they wanted their money back!

Wow, morons.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Ooo...by this logic, I can use all the gas in my car and go back to the last place I filled up at and get free gas!!!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Epic fail.
                    I will never go to school!

Comment

They didn't say what kind of credit they were after. Maybe some brand do offer some kind of credit for returned empty cartridges ? But, well... What about... checking first ?

Oh, wait. Sorry. It makes sense. I just disqualified myself.
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Samaliel, what is this "sense" you speak of? I have not heard of it. Okay, well I have, but most of our customers, that call in, have not. Had the manufacturer offered a credit, on returned toners (for recycling purposes) then the customer needs to return the product to the manufacturer.

We only offer credit, for returned cartridges (to be recycled), to certain customers that have gone through the process, with their sales rep. This particular customer, though, was a "House account" which means they've only bought from us once or twice, and don't have a sales rep. They were contacted, later, by a sales rep, and this option was brought up. I didn't over-hear what the end result was. but yeah, common sense would be nice. Or at least, don't get surly with us, when he say, "sorry, you can't get that for free."

Comment

Working...
                        X