This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never understood this.

People will cry, bitch, moan, scream etc etcm, if you dare card them for beer and cigs. Even if they just turned 21 and 18.

However, several, several, several times, people will buy condems and just SHOVE their ID in my face.

You know, even though its not required. Hell, I'm pretty sure its illegal to ask for that, since I remmeber when I was in sex ed back in grade school, they will tell us that to please, please, please, please do not have sex, but if you need to, use a condem.

Yeah, you have to be 18 to star in a sex movie. But there is no age requirement for birth control of condems.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

I don't understand the entire bitching about being carded, I'm 33, I adore it, never did mind it, but then I did jockey drinks for quite sometime. I have a lot of people apologize to me after they see my age, I tell them not to be sorry for telling me I look young
    Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

I've carded a few elderly people just for fun and they've always enjoyed the laugh.

Comment

I don't get it either. I've ranted about this many times, and I'll happily leap to an employees defense and say the things they can't say when I see someone being an asshole about it.

Whenever I buy booze, I always pull out my ID along with my cash/bank card just so it's faster and easier for everyone, even though I don't get asked for it much anymore.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that Tennesee passed a law where EVERYONE has to show ID to purchase alcohol, EVERY time, no exceptions.
        to Tenn.
        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

all i can say is...

too bad you can't reply

"You don't need an ID for a condom; believe me I totally support the idea of you not breeding"

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            all i can say is...

too bad you can't reply

"You don't need an ID for a condom; believe me I totally support the idea of you not breeding"
            LOL!!! I like it!

And maybe they just want you to know who they are because they are buying Magnums.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              LOL!!! I like it!

And maybe they just want you to know who they are because they are buying Magnums.
              Used to buy those at work (convenience store). Several of the male employees spent almost an entire shift trying to figure out if/how to ask if they really were different than the regular condoms. You know, without getting slapped with a sexual harassment suit.
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

I had to laugh at the ID thing . . . resturant "dry run" opening. My sister (2 years older) ordered a drink and got carded . . .she proved her age
                Then it was my turn to order and I ordered a coke - she asked what I wanted to add to it . . .ummm sister was 21 at the time
                needless to say I told her I was the younger sister and therefore would just have the coke without a kick.
                She then wanted to see my ID for me to prove it - luckily at that time a manger decdied to take her aside to explain that if no adult beverage ordered ment I didn't have to prove my age - she came past later and mentioned that she was watching me to make sure I wasn't drinking my sisters drink. Ummm I was the one who when given the chance didn't take her up on it.
                I think her brain was on overload from too much training and what to do about drinking and was thrown when I was honest.

Comment

when i first joined the navy i was already over 21 but i didn't always drink.
                  i remember ordering... i don't remember, maybe a tonic?... either way it was a non-alcoholic drink. The bar served it to me in a clear plastic cup - like one of those beer cups.

Soon afterwards, one of the navy security men patrolling for underage drinkers started yelling at me for drinking an alcoholic drink without the appropriate bracelet on. (at that time the people at the entrance only issued alcohol-bracelets to people over 21 - IF they stated they were planning to drink)

As far as the guard cared, I was underage drinking - or at least drinking illegally - because my drink was in the soft plastic cup.
                  "This is what they gave me!" didn't matter to him - it was my fault and according to him I should have made them use a different cup.

I don't remember if he checked my ID or not, but I do remember he eventually stopped yelling at me.
                  cos although he was upset I'm sure a few things became clear eventually
                  1) I was sober
                  2) I was 22

so even if he had decided to prosecute me it would have looked kinda silly...
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 01-27-2010, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X