Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crap outcome but everyone has been lovely.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap outcome but everyone has been lovely.

I will try to keep this short but I tend to babble. Also will try to skip gross details but apologies of I get TMI.

Last monday I went to the emergency department because I had been bleeding ( 7 weeks pregnant) and was getting sore bad pain in my lower right abdomen.

OB performed and exam and discovered products outaide my service. I head home okay, I had accepted from the bleeding I had lost baby so wasn't suprised and was coping well.

That night at the ED all the nurses and the OB where so nice which was especially welcom as my partner was out if town.

Got a call on Thursday to say the lab results didn't find any pregnacy tissue and can I please get blood drawn on Monday.

Called Wen to day HGC was inxreasibg and could I come in ASAP. More bloods, increased again scan performed can't find any sign of pregnancy except a too small spot on my ovary. Everyone has agian be so nice but when they turned amazing was that during the doctor disscusing surgery and outcomes I became over whelmed with pain.

Next thing I know I am being rushed to sugery where again the whole team where so nice.

Back in a ward now and while all the nurse have beeb great this one wins. My pain was returning after I had been up for a walk. He went to get me tramerdol. returned and told me "you aren't due tramadol for another hour so I bought you morphine" 2 syringes of that and I am happy.

Every time he checks on me I genuinely belive him when he asks if I need anything else and I don't feel like a bother at all.

So yeah while the outcome today sucked big time ( Etopic on my right ovary they took the tube and found damage in both my tubes) I have yet to met a single staff member who has been anything but amazing.

Oh, I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Comment

My condolences for your loss I'm glad the hospital staff have made this situation a little more bearable.
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Holy crap, glad they caught that in time! (For those who are unfamiliar, an ectopic is not something you mess with)
        While that sucks, I'm glad that you're getting the right service.

Here's a different kind of hug
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I trust you've been told you can still become pregnant with just the one tube: assuming you want to. (Or if you don't want to, you need precautions.)

Even with the damaged tube, it's possible to have a child; depending on the type of damage. My brother and I were both conceived through damaged tubes.

Good luck in whatever you hope for, and my sympathies for your loss.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Yeah they the damage shouldn't effect fertility but will be closley watched in future pregnancy.

Turns out it did rupture while the doctor was going through my consent form but I guess if there is a place you want internal bleeding to occur it is in a hospital.

Back home tonight and nothing better than my own bed.

Comment

Glad you're going to be okay. Sorry it had to happen.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that you have to go through this, Purple. I have actually been there myself. Like you, I was lucky to have a great Dr looking after me. Your Dr will most definitely monitor you very closely with a future pregnancy. When I became pregnant again this past June, my Dr had me come in right away so she could check me out and booked me in for an emergency ultrasound. I won't go into too much detail here, but if you wanna talk, just send a message!

Just take it easy and vent if you need to. The physical pain will pass as will the emotional pain (with time).

Hugs hugs and more hugs to you!

ExArtShopSlave.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.

You did have a good team of professionals, not just knowledgeable, but kind and caring. That does indeed help a lot.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                  X