Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctors waiting rooms are not for the sick....!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctors waiting rooms are not for the sick....!

Went to the Doc Friday as I'd had nearly 2 weeks of cold and then sore throat.

I purposely sat as far away from everyone else as I could. As you can imagine I was wheezing and coughing a bit but tried to keep it as quiet as possible.

Not good enough for one older man. He went to reception to ask something and I'm glad I didn't overhear him then. He saw the same Doctor I did and she said that he'd actually complained there were sick people in the waiting room and how terribly bad that was....

(Btw - chest, sinus and throat infection. All bad enough that I'm under orders to stay in doors... )
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

My pediatrician back in the dark ages [the 1960s] had 2 waiting rooms, one for sick kids, and one for kids there for routine stuff like shots or exams. I always thought that was pretty good.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Mine did as well, and my sons' does even in this modern era. Makes wonderful sense, I suppose they think adults can fend for themselves among the germs.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Sick people at a doctor's office? How horrible! Maybe I should complain to my manager about all the sick people I have to take care of on the nursing unit...

Comment

That separation of sick/well for kids though is more like to do with the fact that kids cannot keep their hands out of their mouths for any length of time (my opinion). Adults should know better. I wonder what the percentage of airborne vs personal contact viruses there are in the world.
          But the paint on me is beginning to dry
          And it's not what I wanted to be
          The weight on me
          Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth PuckLizardRN View Post
            Sick people at a doctor's office? How horrible! Maybe I should complain to my manager about all the sick people I have to take care of on the nursing unit...
            While you're at it, complain to the owners of the body shop across the street that they shouldn't allow wrecked cars in their yard.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              My pediatrician back in the dark ages [the 1960s] had 2 waiting rooms, one for sick kids, and one for kids there for routine stuff like shots or exams. I always thought that was pretty good.
              That's a great idea . . . kids spread germs among each other like a modern day plague . . . literally. They touch common toys, and the little ones put them in their mouths.

Adults know to cover their mouths or should. And unless they're there with their kids, they're not touching the toys.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My doctor's office has signs up (in multiple languages) asking people to inform reception if they have any of a given set of symptoms. I presume this is to allow the receptionists to direct patients to a separate waiting room if they're likely to be OMG-contagious.

They also have handwashing stations all over the place. The building was constructed as a medical complex, and they didn't have to try to retrofit in any plumbing.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I wasn't aware dual waiting rooms at pediatricians was uncommon. Back in Phoenix i used to deliver a family/kids free magazine and there were a number of peditrician's offices on the delivery list, and most of them had separate waiting rooms. Heck, IIRC there was a kid's dentist office that had two waiting rooms.
                  Seph
                  Taur10
                  "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    My doctor's office has signs up (in multiple languages) asking people to inform reception if they have any of a given set of symptoms. I presume this is to allow the receptionists to direct patients to a separate waiting room if they're likely to be OMG-contagious.

They also have handwashing stations all over the place. The building was constructed as a medical complex, and they didn't have to try to retrofit in any plumbing.
                    My former GP's clinic had the exact same thing. When I told them last time, I was directed to three chairs set between two doctor's offices but far enough away that I wasn't coming into direct contact with somebody.

Turns out that they DO have special isolated rooms for those patients.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Where I live, if you cough or if you know that you are sick, you get a mask to put on your face while in the waiting area, and that's it.
                      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                      X