This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth dawnfire View Post
    can I come in? my dad has just been diagnosed with kidney cancer. it seems to be restricted to one kidney but we will find out soon if it has spread.
    I'm so sorry to hear that, dawnfire.

Hope things are getting better, Elspeth.

CalyCo, sorry your evening out didn't work out like you'd hoped. Was Clementine just overtired or something?

Cashierbex, I hope your next week is better, and that everyone is doing OK.

I'm continuing to pack and looking around in some despair. I need to get more of the large furniture out of here or I'll be walking on the boxes. At the same time, I can't let the weekend go by without getting something done ... *sigh*

Comment

• We FINALLY got our copy of the lease renewal back...after two months (per state law, the tenant must get a copy within 30 days of signing, so they could be fined for that stunt).

I seem to be allergic to one of the two guinea pigs I was taking care of last week (I'm home now, so it should clear up somewhat). The 'new' one gets loose hay, so maybe that's the issue. Both cages are in the bedroom and the air cleaner doesn't work as well as it's supposed to. I think I'll sleep in the other bedroom next time; even though that's the cat's room (why is there a litterbox in a bedroom anyway?) I know I'm not allergic to cat litter. They have a cute apartment in a neat neighborhood, it's just a bit of a shame that it looks like a disaster.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-18-2012, 11:18 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• My roomies sis is home now. So far so good. My coworker thankfully doesn't have anything horridly wrong. And on the 25th we are gonna have a huge group of people go to drag queen bingo. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong. I need some fun dammit.

Comment

• Dawnfire, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis, but I hope he will make a full recovery.

Thinking of all of you. I'm sick of everything too...and despite a pretty good day (for once) on Saturday, my Mother's Day is extremely depressing. Hard to feel happy about it when your only biological child is dead. We haven't heard from my husband's older two kids yet but they may be working. We did see my MIL and I will call my mom later. I just wish someone was here to call me "Mom". I AM a mother, though, and always will be!!
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• *hugest hugs* BTDT, you will always be a mum and no one can take that away. I wish you had been spoilt rotten and appreciated today, you really deserve it.
            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Thank you Mishi, I truly appreciate it *big hugs back*
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• ANOTHER eviction notice for 'nonpayment' (we just paid yesterday and have proof). There's nothing in our lease that mentions payment dates other than before the 1st of the month; we have an agreement with the management that lets us make weekly payments. This is starting to get ridiculous.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• *hugs all*

According to Dr. Google, I subluxed both of my shoulders a few days ago. Yay.
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Pixilated - My mom and I were talking about this on Tuesday. We think it has something to do with Clyde. We had no internet from Sunday to Friday. However, her discombobulation actually happened before we even left home. Clyde came home, and she turned into another little girl completely! She wouldn't say hello to him, wouldn't look at him, anything. *sigh* I've been having to take her DS, the iPad, and the iPhones away from her and put them into "time out" every night. It's getting annoying. Clyde isn't going to be at home Friday evening/Saturday morning as he's doing a 60 mile bike ride down in Madison County in our state Saturday morning, and he has to be there by 7:30/8:00 as the race starts at 8:30 Saturday morning. And his parents live in that county. I'll see how Clementine acts when it's just her & me.
                    And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

• Roomie and I are at the grocery store and we're fighting. I hate fighting with her period but I hate when we fight in public cause I look like the asshole (I have no patience for her passive aggressive bullshit so I'm the one usually yelling).
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                        Roomie and I are at the grocery store and we're fighting. I hate fighting with her period but I hate when we fight in public cause I look like the asshole (I have no patience for her passive aggressive bullshit so I'm the one usually yelling).
                        Been there, done that, got ostracized from my gaming group because my ex refused to be an adult and take care of himself and the only way I found to get him to do it (as opposed to me doing it all for him) was to nag him into it. Nothing short of riding his ass worked. >_<

*hugs*

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Be good girls or I'll bring my stompy boots for a visit! *hugs*

Comment

• I'll behave Mishi! Part of it is she's going through pms and all the related female crap for only the second time. She's only been on estrogen for 3.5 months now. And I can't deal with her newness to pms and my own shit at the same time.
                            We went shopping for shoes before the grocery store (cause my less the a year old shoes are ragged... That's what happens when I work on my feet 40 hours a week.) and she couldn't find any girlie shoes in her size (American size 11). So she was all mopey. And I refused to buy a pair of men's shoes she liked cause they were out of our price range. I tried to make it up to her buying her a cute sports bra (that had a little extra padding!) and some cute sunnies.
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Hubs has been home for 3 hours and he's already being rude and pissing me off.

Luckily I have bath texts. Much better then drunk texts.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• *Silently hands over the chocolate* Roomie needs this more than I do! She'll get better at it, it's just a huge adjustment and takes a bit of practice. I also have trouble finding shoes because I'm the same size and I'm very picky.

Bath texts? I do like bubble baths *hugs Kana*

Comment

Working...
                                X