This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    i went 3 months once with out the pharmacy realizing they wherent charging my insurance. sounds amazing but neither of us would have noticed because it was birth control and my insurance at the time would only cover 40 dollars of the cost for birth control and me and my parent just though my script was 75 dollars.
    Turns out even though i gave them my card the tech never put in the info and i was paying full price. And the other techs never asked for my card again.
    There's also a place on the paperwork that one gets when one picks up a script that shows what, if any, insurance it was run through.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

There has to be more to it than what she said in the Facebook post. If the antibiotic was filled and ready to be dispensed, and the only problem was the insurance not billed, that should not be hard to do. At my pharmacy it would have taken maybe one minute to enter the insurance info into the system and five seconds to rebill. I'm wondering if maybe the tech at Walmart was purposefully making it take longer since she was being so nasty and swearing.

Comment

If the tech was deliberately taking a bit longer because of her very rude behavior, I wouldn't blame the tech one bit. Yeah, of course it sucks when you have to wait around a while for prescriptions. [That's why I go to a smaller pharmacy that's a LOT faster...but you still should call it in first and have them get it ready...]. Maybe the tech's in the wrong for not asking for her insurance card upfront, but I don't know pharmacy policy...she should have shown her insurance card in the first place.

Speaking of expensive medication...my birth control pills are supposed to be over $70 a month. I managed to find a place where I could get a six-month supply for what amounts to cheaper-per-month, but still...medication can be REALLY expensive, insurance or no insurance.
        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth RxBoy View Post
          There has to be more to it than what she said in the Facebook post. If the antibiotic was filled and ready to be dispensed, and the only problem was the insurance not billed, that should not be hard to do. At my pharmacy it would have taken maybe one minute to enter the insurance info into the system and five seconds to rebill. I'm wondering if maybe the tech at Walmart was purposefully making it take longer since she was being so nasty and swearing.
          Maybe she had customers who didn't yell at her and patiently waited for their prescriptions to take care of. Considering its Walmart I wouldnt be surprised if they had some red-tape policy that makes everything take longer. Maybe she didn't know how to run insurance yet and had to wait for someone to come over and do it? I know walmart plops people from other departments all over the store regularly.
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I honestly have no idea if there is more to the story than she posted. I did message her via FB and she seemed to have calmed down a little, but was still pissed at the girl, when it was herself that didnt think to hand over the ins card...:/ And my local Walmart? BAD reputation for horrible service. Some is the clientele that frequents it while some issues are with the workers. Im betting my friend and that pharm tech may have been a little too much alike, if you understand my meaning.

Meh. Some people never learn.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              Maybe she had customers who didn't yell at her and patiently waited for their prescriptions to take care of. Considering its Walmart I wouldnt be surprised if they had some red-tape policy that makes everything take longer. Maybe she didn't know how to run insurance yet and had to wait for someone to come over and do it? I know walmart plops people from other departments all over the store regularly.
              Don't get me started on that hellhole....

I can't believe I'm saying this, but, in their defense, it probably wasn't them. You would not believe the issues insurance companies would give us. Nightmare.

But, they can't just plop anyone from another department in the pharmacy. Unless you are a licensed, certified, registered tech or pharmacist, you can't go any farther than the area where the registers are.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

"They finally did get my insurance information added, and started billing insurance, but because of that whole fiasco I'm extra careful in making sure that my insurance information is on file."

I truly, TRULY hope that your insurance company denies their claim for timely filing ~smirk~ teach them to TAKE THE FREAKING INFO WHEN IT'S PRESENTED!

The upshot of that (and the lesson learned?) THEY CANNOT BILL YOU for THEIR carelessness! YOU presented the information--THEY didn't enter it!

I would also check with your ins company to see if they have filed any appeals for payment (on the grounds you DIDN'T give the information until such and such date)

Also would be a good idea to keep any and ALL copies of the bills you were sent and then dates of appointments after their billing dates to present in rebuttal of those appeals.

I understand the doctor deserves to get paid for services rendered--I have ZERO problem with that (and YES, patients DO forget they changed insurance companies and neglect to inform the doc's office) But when it's been presented and refused or not entered--that's on the staff--whom I deal with day in and day out--MANY of which--are total SCs

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  There's also a place on the paperwork that one gets when one picks up a script that shows what, if any, insurance it was run through.
                  i was 14 all i knew is that the paper work kept talking about sex and that embarrassed me.

we found out when i got an UTI an they asked if i had insurance and i said 'well you can run on the insurance i already gave you.' the teach looked up in shock said they had no on record for me.

the tech apparently got fired the week after i dropped of the original script because he wasn't putting in info.

Comment

on topic--I have had many scripts filled at a Wal-Mart--it takes no longer there, really, than it does at any other place of relative size.

But then again--I DO present my card and make sure to check receipts to ensure it was sent through my ins.

I am always prepared--I work for my ins company and I know the hazards.

Comment

I would've given her prescription back and told her to gtfo.

Comment

Working...
                      X