Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish all states required 2-plates like VT; that way if someone hits you from behind, or while facing you, you have a plate #.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Making a *good* fake of a $10 would probably be uneconomical, except perhaps with a truly industrial-scale operation. Even then, it would be sufficient effort and investment to be almost worth getting a real job instead.

Making a basic fake that doesn't pass most of the security checks, but does pass an incautious visual/tactile check, makes much more financial sense but has a much higher chance of getting caught. Smaller value notes don't get looked at as closely as larger ones, but some places check *every* note.

Bear in mind that in the UK, there are a significant number of fake £1 *coins* floating around. There are several ways to detect these, but if you think about it the industrial logistics of manufacturing a glorified brass disc are considerably less than making a modern banknote.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        I wish all states required 2-plates like VT; that way if someone hits you from behind, or while facing you, you have a plate #.
        Texas requires 2 plates, but PA does not. However, a lot of the newer cars don't even have a place to put a front plate, like Jaguars and Mini Coopers.
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
          Texas requires 2 plates, but PA does not. However, a lot of the newer cars don't even have a place to put a front plate, like Jaguars and Mini Coopers.
          Which is why there are so many scratched up front dashes here in Texas

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
            That's an issue for the police to investigate. <snip> and they used to call the cops, but recently had been told to stop doing so. Sheriff probably didn't want to waste the manpower for the very reason you cite--sometimes very good fakes even get by the banks.
            actually fake bills are the responsibility of the secret service-not the local police.

what to do if you suspect a counterfeit note or coin

they even have a handy printable form to hand in with the suspected counterfeit note
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              actually fake bills are the responsibility of the secret service-not the local police.

True. I forgot that. A few months ago when I still worked in the front end, a gentleman came to the service desk and asked to speak to the AP manager. He politely introduced himself as secret service, and I about peed myself.

I walkied my manager over, and on a private line I told her who was there. Boy, I've never seen her be more prompt about coming up to the desk.

Turns out it was just about some bills, so I was disappointed.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                That surprises me, since British and indeed European rules call for both plates. However the European plate is longer and thinner than the American one.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                  That surprises me, since British and indeed European rules call for both plates. However the European plate is longer and thinner than the American one.
                  Yep! There are no brackets on the front of the cars. You can buy a kit and drill holes in the front to attach it, but Mr. E has never bothered to on his.
                  Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ar_XJ_X351.jpg

Looks like front plates fitted to me.
                    Last edited by Chromatix; 07-27-2010, 07:00 AM. Reason: Big images...

Comment

Rear plates are required in any state. Front is either optional or required. Such as my state CA its a requirement. Can get a fix it ticket for not having a front plate, i know i got one a while back. . .was 25 bucks >.<
                      "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                        Bear in mind that in the UK, there are a significant number of fake £1 *coins* floating around. There are several ways to detect these, but if you think about it the industrial logistics of manufacturing a glorified brass disc are considerably less than making a modern banknote.
                        This is why not only the $2 coins in Canada are bi-metallic, but the tokens for the Toronto Transit Commission are bi-metallic (they're actually worth more than $2). However there's major pressure from the province to switch to smart card, so transit here will be joining the 21st century some time in the next decade and two, which should be before fares rise to the point that counterfeiting a bi-metallic fare token is worth it.

Comment

There was a time that my dad was pulled over in NJ for not having a front plate.

The cop just did not want to listen that we were from PA, car was registered in PA and were were only there to visit.

It took him over 10 minutes to get the cop to understand... . That was a special day.

Itd probably be easier if all plates required both end plates. Im all for it.

Comment

Alberta's one of the provinces that we aren't required to have a front plate. BC requires two, and as far as I've seen, Saskatchewan only requires one. I don't know about the other provinces though.

however, my van has a space on the front bumper for a plate, but there's no holes to actually attach one.
                            "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                            ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth ravevolution View Post
                              Rear plates are required in any state. Front is either optional or required. Such as my state CA its a requirement. Can get a fix it ticket for not having a front plate, i know i got one a while back. . .was 25 bucks >.<
                              I've seen some vehicles (can't recall the jurisdiction in which they were plated) that only had a front plate. Of course, these were highway tractors, so most of the time the back end would be under a trailer (hard to see the tractor's rear plate under these circumstances, but the trailer would have a plate on the rear). I know that in Ontario, cars get the "registration expires in year/month" sticker on the rear plate, and highway tractors get it on the front plate.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

We only get rear-plates in the province of Quebec, though I think most cars have some sort of spot for a front plate, usually used for fancy purposes if at all.
                                Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Working...
                                X