Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck, that unprofessional bitch might take offense at me. I'm XX, but due to PCOS, have a moustache and (if I don't pluck it well enough) a goatee.

As for C - bah. C needs to learn to be human.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

A friend of mine was in the same situation a few years ago. I miss the girl she used to be (She started out as a He, went She in college, and broke from the pressure and is a truly miserable He again) because she was just so confident and awesome.

Haven't heard from her in a while. Hope she's okay.

Quoth MadMike View Post
      Kind of reminded me of an old episode of Night Court, where Dan's high school buddy came into town for a visit, only "he" was now a "she." All through the episode, people were trying to explain it to Bull, who just wasn't getting it.
      I saw that episode a billion times and loves every single nanosecond of it.

Bull. <3 My favourite.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        And I can't figure out why the hell other people do care. Especially if it has nothing to do with them.
        Well it's generally considered courteous to remember... (I managed to forget that a friend of mine was gay. Normally this wouldn't be a big problem, but when we're discussing getting married it would be all to easy for me to have a pronoun slip-up when talking about his future spouse).

Quoth MadMike View Post
        I'm sure a lot of our teens and twentysomethings who aren't old enough to remember this show have no idea what I'm even going on about. Damn, I feel old.
        Yep . And there's a reason that you feel old...

Quoth Seshat View Post
        Heck, that unprofessional bitch might take offense at me. I'm XX, but due to PCOS, have a moustache and (if I don't pluck it well enough) a goatee.
        No, that's not a gender problem. It's because it's perfectly reasonable to hold every woman to the same standards of appearance. After all, if a blonde woman with fine hair can manage to make it look like the only place she has any hair is on her scalp, it's perfectly reasonable for everyone else to put that minor effort into doing the same.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          I don't have a legit moustache, but i'll be damned if occasionally I dont have to take a razor to my upper lip.
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

night court rocks. I miss that show, Judge and Bull heh

forgive me, has to ad to this
            I think, that even though G bent over backwards in some situations for C that she is better off without him. Because if he can only think of G as his buddy to call when he's in a jam and not much else beyond that - based on what you have posted - then as much as it hurts and sucks G is better off. BESIDES G has you for a friend who makes up for that many times over IMO

I'm sure there is more history to it than this, however if C really does want to continue being a friend maybe he should take time to process this. But this is me, and me sees that C is afraid and asks why is C afraid of G now besides the loss of his male friend. and i think too much

Comment

We've gotten this far along in this discussion, and no one has mentioned the relevant Customers Suck Cartoon.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                No, that's not a gender problem. It's because it's perfectly reasonable to hold every woman to the same standards of appearance. After all, if a blonde woman with fine hair can manage to make it look like the only place she has any hair is on her scalp, it's perfectly reasonable for everyone else to put that minor effort into doing the same.
                I AM a blonde woman with fine hair!

But my 'beard' and 'moustache' are dark and have stiff hairs. Go figure.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                  It's because it's perfectly reasonable to hold every woman to the same standards of appearance
                  Who's standard are we using? Did women get together and have a vote because I dont recall being asked. The "standards of appearance" change depending where you are.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    Who's standard are we using? Did women get together and have a vote because I dont recall being asked. The "standards of appearance" change depending where you are.
                    Not to mention change based on who you are.

People are attracted to everything in this world.

Hell, there was a women that married the effel tower. (Though she had a love affair with a bridge once).

In anycase, G looks perfectly normal to me.
                    Military Spouse Support.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I'm just bitter about the fact that my need to wear stockings (part of it is comfort though) is horribly unfashionable these days. Don't mind my rants about standards of beauty. Oh, and while I'm willing to thread my lip, the thought of doing anything to my eyebrows terrifies me. G probably does a better job of the whole "feminine" thing than I do.

Comment

*huggles!*

Don't worry about what is fashionable and what isn't.

Once the world stops worrying about what others wear and look, the world will be so much better.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I'm XX female as far as I know, but I'm part Italian and I know I'll have a girlstache before too many more decades go by...

C and Bitch need to go hide themselves from the world. Then they won't ever have to think outside their little boxes, and they won't be oppressing, offending, or insulting anyone either. We'll all be better off.

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
                            I'm XX female as far as I know, but I'm part Italian and I know I'll have a girlstache before too many more decades go by...
                            Italian and German I have to have my hair (on my head) thinned out every six weeks or its basically a mane.

Comment

Each to their own and I could care less what anybody does as long as it doesn't directly and adversely affect me (i.e. stealing, betrayal, etc.) . The way the first cashier acted towards G was just plain rude and unprofessional. As for C, he was damn lucky to know somebody as kind and wonderful as your friend G despite being an asshole.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                                Each to their own and I could care less what anybody does as long as it doesn't directly and adversely affect me (i.e. stealing, betrayal, etc.) .
                                That's how I feel. As long as you're not hurting yourself of anyone else, whatever floats your boat.
                                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X