Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Magic Players. (warning: proof of insanity within)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Magic Players. (warning: proof of insanity within)

IT'S DONE! finished last week. my wrist was killing me but it's done. sorted by collector's number then by set with dividers for colour typed from a label maker and mounted on foam board. It took several days of hours a day sorting.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Magnificent.

Comment

Wow. Just...wow. *thumbs up*
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Wow, you'll have no trouble building decks like that. We're always digging through boxes and other decks to find stuff we need.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Can I hire you to sort and catalog my collection? It's only about 10,000 cards.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

-weeps at the beauty of the organization and the size of collection- I was so very dumb to have given up my magic deck when I stopped playing.

Comment

I have a box of these from like 16 years ago. I keep telling myself at some point I'll bother to sort them out and see what they're worth. But I don't even know where to start whenever I look at them. -.-

Comment

Sorry but I won't be doing this again any time soon my wrist was sore for days afterwards and it took over a week.

Comment

Nice. My organization system is simpler.

I have 1 binder per set (Some of the older sets I've doubled up binders), and I sort it by card number in the set, in stacks of playsets (max 4 cards per sleeve of a 9-sheet).

Extra Foils and Rares go into my trader binder. Everything else (non-foil Commons, Uncommons) go into the big boxes, effectively unsorted.

Of course I'm a bit behind now, I did Theros's binder, but I've got a pile of packs since then, not to mention did some EDH deck building, so I have a pile of stuff to re-sort back into their books. I'll probably take a weekend in February, once I've gotten most of my Born of the Gods cards, and do another cleanup.

Comment

Hello, ladies, look at your cards, now back to mine, now back at your cards, now back to mine. Sadly, they aren't sorted, but if you stopped using a lazy sorting method and switched to mine, your collection could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re at a PTQ with the collections yours could look like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s two boosters of that set you love. Look again, the boosters are now mox diamonds. Anything is possible when your collection is sorted and not messy. I have horsemandship.

Comment

I wish I had the time to organize my cards...

or build new decks...

or read through the new cards I bought six months ago...
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                        Hello, ladies, look at your cards, now back to mine, now back at your cards, now back to mine. Sadly, they aren't sorted, but if you stopped using a lazy sorting method and switched to mine, your collection could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re at a PTQ with the collections yours could look like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s two boosters of that set you love. Look again, the boosters are now mox diamonds. Anything is possible when your collection is sorted and not messy. I have horsemandship.
                        LOL. Great job! Especially the horsemanship at the end.

Comment

I went through all mine and sold many of them many years ago. The only thing I kept of value was my Alpha Black Lotus and a signed Mirror Universe.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where they are anymore.
                          I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Working...
                          X