This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gayme Show Revelation

I haven't watched "Let's Make A Deal" since Monty Hall was the host but I was channel surfing this morning and got distracted when I landed on the show and left it there. I watched the show and saw one of the contestants, looking like a poster child for backwards country hick. The current host was asking him if he wanted to keep the prize he'd won or trade it in. The man looked into the audience and what he said next blew me away. "My HUSBAND of 16 years is telling me to keep the trip!" And then they showed his husband in the audience cheering him on. After mentally kicking myself for my judgment, I thought about how far we HAVE come since Monty Hall.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

There's 2 shows I can think of off the top of my head that also fall into the category of "Let's see how far we've come".

The Amazing Race wound up censoring a same-sex kiss between the Season 4 winners (I think), but they didn't bat an eyelid at one of the same-sex teams in Season 21/22 kissing madly at the finish line.

Project Runway also had a case where in one of the earlier seasons, they allowed the contestant to say that they were gay, but did not make any other references to their partner or show them. Fast forward about 8 or 9 seasons and you get the contestants talking about and showing their partners....then in Season 12, you get one of the contestants popping the question to his fiance on-air (with Heidi et al. throwing their support behind him big-time)...only for the contestant's partner to skype him the next day, revealing the change in the law and popping the question to him
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My fiancee was watching one of those renovation disasters shows on the DIY channel the other day while I was at work and she said they had a lesbian couple fixing up their house and they were treated with the same respect as everyone else has been on there.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
      X