This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I bought a snow shovel...

...it was supposed to keep the snow away. Guess I get to find out how well it works.

On a side note, I left work at noon and got home at 1:48. Normally it takes me half an hour. Average speed on the normally-55mph highway: 5mph. Nothing was plowed.

Hope all the other East coasters are safe.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

It was announced at work at 1:45pm that the base was closing at 2pm. Just after I had pulled out the expensive equipment, set it all up, and had started working with it.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

The store I used to work at, which I pass behind on my way home, closed at 1:30 (there's an employee facebook group and someone there posted a pic of the store that she took as they were leaving). I was actually driving by right about then; I live a mile and a half down the road and it took me another 15 minutes to get home from that point. I was the second car at the light crossing Route 9 and the light was turning yellow before I made it halfway through the intersection.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X