X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    I'm kind of the reverse here. I moved 12 times before the age of 14. >.>

.....I just realized my childhood was pretty messed up that way.
    Similar here, I can't think of a year when I attended the same school for an entire school year, and when I got married we spent the first several years with no fixed address doing a gypsy thing around the southern US. Then I finally lived in one place for ten years, then spent a few more years doing a gypsy thing, and now I've settled again.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Today was 'Pack up all of the books in my room' day.

When we were done, there were 7 boxes (granted, they were fairly small. About the size of four shoe boxes stacked two-by-two) all packed and ready.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Other than the 5 years of college when I lived with my grandmother, I've lived pretty much in one place. 37 years in the same town...on the same street were I grew up. I guess I stayed here, simply because...except for my grandmother's farm...I couldn't see myself living anywhere else.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Update- A friend of my mom's came by to look at the house yesterday with his wife. They seemed very (genuinely, unlike the jerk who lives up the road from us) interested in buying.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Update 2- My dad can now stop bouncing back and forth between various hotels because we officially have a rental house. It'll still be a while yet before my mom and I are ready to move into said house (partly because we haven't sold this house yet and partly because of my impending surgery), but we are going to at least be spending Christmas there.

My Christmas wish has been answered.

Comment

I've been in the same condo unit for almost 33 years, and I HATED moving.

I still hate it even though I moved to my new place in September. The packing/unpacking, and the stress of being uprooted is too much.

Sell or give away whatever you can't pack. It helped make my moves easier.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Update on stuff- Officially, our house is now for sale. It's up on Zillow and we've already had a few people click the "I'm Interested In This Property" button. In fact, today we're having our first official open house, which is stressful as hell and kinda nerve-wracking.

What I have learned of this process, aside from that it's about as fun as having dental surgery, is that it is equal parts of the following-
                • Cleaning
                • Rearranging furniture so it looks less like a house and more like an IKEA showroom
                • Hiding shit that you don't want people who are coming to look at the house to see

On the plus side, Mom and I are going out to dinner after everyone leaves because all the cleaning and stuff has left her with zero desire to cook.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                  ... our first official open house, which is stressful as hell and kinda nerve-wracking.
                  There are actually people who do this for a living. Strange work, but I guess considering how high ticket a house is, understandable.

Comment

Working...
                  X