Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

36 elapsed hours. With two kids, one small dog and one giant dog. Stopped about every two hours or so for the kids and the dogs to take breaks. I have some errands to run this morning and I'm dreading the driver's seat.

Oh, and Wolife, the speed limits were mostly 70, and I never once broke the speed limit. I just didn't stop for very long when I stopped. I stopped for a nap at a rest area for two hours, once at a truck stop for an hour and another time at another truck stop for 5 hours. I had lots of other stops, but I tried to combine things like fuel and food with dog/kid breaks to limit time.

Jester, while I may be crazy, given enough motivation, there isn't anything I'm not capable of doing under the circumstances that led to the trip.
    Last edited by mathnerd; 01-09-2014, 12:36 PM.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      Jester, while I may be crazy, given enough motivation, there isn't anything I'm not capable of doing under the circumstances that led to the trip.
      I am not debating anything in the above statement.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

And she's wrong, it's not Key West, it's her.
        Quoth Kittish View Post
        And maybe it's not just one or the other that causes mechanical things to go all wonky for you when you go to Key West, mathnerd, maybe it's both of you in combination. Just a thought.
        It's definitely Jester. I was talking to him on the phone this morning as I was getting ready to leave, and shortly after we hung up I tried to start my car to go somewhere and it wouldn't start. It must be afraid of his voice or something.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Once again, the common denominator is YOU. Not me, not Key West, but you. After all, your car was not involved when you managed to screw up a perfectly good loaner bike on the way to the Power Boat Races. Nor was your car involved when we were driving in my truck and it mysteriously ran out of gas well before it normally would have. But you were there both times.

You're the problem, Ye of Pointing Fingers.

Still A Customer."

Comment

You were there all those times too!

Comment

I was there, yes. But not every time you've had mechanical problems. I wasn't there when you had problems with your car coming to Key West, leaving Key West, or in Texas. The only common denominator is you.

Good thing you know how to fix things, since you're clearly a walking mechanical curse.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
              X