Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I haven't talked to my sister for a year now....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I haven't talked to my sister for a year now....

...and my life will hardly be a disaster if I never speak to her again. She's an epic drama/gullible moron/sociopath and I don't need or want her constant BS. She actually cut me off first (because I had the gall to call her out on her despicable behavior) and I guess she expected me to grovel at her feet, begging for her forgiveness.

Like that's going to happen. Hey sis, the world hasn't stopped spinning.
    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Oh yeah, I gotcha on that one ... my issues with my sister are very different than in your case, but my contact with her is absolutely minimal (no online contact -- Facebook, Twitter, etc. -- although there are occasional emails between brother/sis/myself about mom and once-a-year trading of gift wish lists). It is extremely unlikely to ever change. Sometimes, unfortunately, that's all you can do.

Comment

My brother stopped talking to me when I moved out oh...going on seven years ago? Hasn't said a word. I don't know why; parents don't know why. Only time I've seen him since was at my wedding, which my parents forced him to. He sat out in the truck the whole time, and the one glimpse I caught of him from a distance, he flipped me off. For a while I kept sending him cards around the holidays and his birthday but...it's been almost seven years, and I've officially given up. I have no clue what his deal is. I'm not going to get hung up over it anymore.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

My sister and I haven't spoken since 2005. I don't think it bothers either of us, but the rest of the family is deeply disturbed by it for some reason. I think they like the illusion of a big, happy, loving family, which it never was. This goes back for generations.

Comment

It's going on wow, 20 years now since I last spoke with my egg donor. And, as you might guess from my designation, it didn't go particularly well.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I stopped talking to my sister back in 2007. We grew up separate. She was in a group home from the age of 7 and I was in foster care from the age of 8. (Shes 3 years older. ) Our biological mother died when I was 12 so she was like 15ish. So we stayed in the system til we were both 18.

She has a long history of being batty. I have usually forgiven her but the last incident was the last straw since she called CPS on me and my hubby to get our kids taken away. Instead of thread jacking I will go make a separate thread.

Comment

My dad had a similar situation. In the late 60's his brother was divorcing his wife, and his parents (my grandparents) had the gall to ask him to please take care of the kids after the divorce (My grandpa knew full well, because his first marriage ended in divorce, and his psyco ex wouldn't allow him to see the kids, and wasn't able to get back with his daughter for 40+ years).

That set him off, and he cut off all contact with his parents and my dad.

When grandma was dieing, back in 1994, my dad hired a private I to find him so he could let him know. The conversation didn't go well, and he didn't care. My dad gave up after this and didn't even try to contact him when she died and 3 year later when grandpa died.

So called uncle, whom I never met, died in 2001.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I wish I could completely cut off all contact with jamie, she's an evil lying bitch and a whore that tore my family apart. The only reason that I can't is because of Lauren, IMO she'd be WAY better off living with jamie's ex-fiancé having full custody, in fact if it came down to it I'd fight for him.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

I didn't talk to my mother for several years before she died back in 1997. I didn't feel guilty about it at all. However I did get reconnected with my sister, and I lost her a year ago this month I still miss her.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

My best friend ended our friendship a few months ago. We had an argument and when I tried to work it out with her, she went ballistic and told me never to contact her again. I probably won't, since she has a history of this, especially with me. As long as I don't have bitterness over it, I don't feel I'm in the wrong. In fact, when I think of it, I pray for her. I know the hurts behind the behavior, and I have compassion for her pain. I hope she gets help. On the flipside, my brother and I have never had a close relationship, but we are building one now as I help him with a tough situation in his life. And his son has come to our state to live, so they can rebuild their relationship, too.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I was some what close to my mom after my parents divorce, but after I moved to Texas I've tried to avoid talking to her because she is kinda nuts. I don't talk to my sister at all, or many of my relatives aside from occasional interaction on facebook. I just don't have anything in common with them. When I talk to my mom she gives me grief for not taking my daughter to visit my still living grandparents, but travel isn't cheap and I plan my vacations carefully.
                      I -feel- somewhat obligated to go and "do the rounds" this summer and since bf and I both have family (and will have the money) in Washington kill two birds with one stone.
                      Honestly I'd much rather splurge and take the kids to Disney-world.

Comment

My sister is the living embodiment of the phrase: "If you can't be a good example then you'll have to be a horrible warning."
                        I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Working...
                        X