X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have to disown my sister

Facebook messages

Me:
    ok brother sister pact, if either of us travel with the doctor we go get the other one

My Sister:
    uh... what if I've already broken that?

Me:
    then go back in time and fix that

My Sister:

Can't!

Can't cross the streams!

Sorry my doctor has continuity
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Doctor: "Would you like to pick up your sisters? You know, bring them along?"

Jester: (best Catherine Tate impression) "You have GOT to be kidding me!"

Translation: oh, HELL no!

There are certainly people I'd want to pick up. There's one in particular that's a huge Whovian, that would love it more than most. But my sisters? In a word, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and definitely, unquestionably, undeniably no.
    Last edited by Jester; 01-07-2014, 10:44 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I haven't gotten into Dr. Who much, really (please don't hurt me...).

But the first time I heard "don't cross the streams" was in Ghostbusters. The other time was some weird thing about guys peeing in the same urinal/toilet together (which I thought was gross, I don't wanna whiz in the toilet with other people at the same time).
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Doctor Who geek here too. (Filmed near me too)

Comment

I'd pick up my sister, my BFF, my niece and nephew and SIL. Party hardy.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Thankfully nobody I know (whose address I have handy) who is a Doctor Who fan. After all, if you take them along, who are you going to boast to afterwards (always assuming that both you and they can remember what you did, of course...)
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

The nice thing about the Tardis is she is *huge* inside and we could probably manage to pick up everybody we communally know.

Remember to pick me up please? I could use a trip to somewhere like that future hospital where they can cure everything.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

For those saying they'd pick up a bunch of people or everyone they know, remember that the Tardis is not yours to decide what to do with, that The Doctor is very particular about who he selects as his companions, that he never brings a whole group on board, and that occasionally, just occasionally, he might allow his companion to bring along a friend. And in those instances, it is almost always only one friend.

So you would want to choose wisely....or you would probably find yourself both Doctor-less and Tardis-less.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  The nice thing about the Tardis is she is *huge* inside and we could probably manage to pick up everybody we communally know.

Remember to pick me up please? I could use a trip to somewhere like that future hospital where they can cure everything.
                  You and me both!

There are people I'd introduce the Doctor to. As you pointed out, Jester, HE (and the Tardis herself) decides who comes along.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    For those saying they'd pick up a bunch of people or everyone they know, remember that the Tardis is not yours to decide what to do with, that The Doctor is very particular about who he selects as his companions, that he never brings a whole group on board, and that occasionally, just occasionally, he might allow his companion to bring along a friend. And in those instances, it is almost always only one friend.

So you would want to choose wisely....or you would probably find yourself both Doctor-less and Tardis-less.
                    unless you're donna noble and then you just show up with several suitcases and force your way in.
                    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                      unless you're donna noble and then you just show up with several suitcases and force your way in.
                      Which is why we (or at least I) love her!
                      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                        Suitcases, yes. An entourage, no.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Doctor: "Would you like to pick up your sisters? You know, bring them along?"

Jester: (best Catherine Tate impression) "You have GOT to be kidding me!"

Translation: oh, HELL no!

There are certainly people I'd want to pick up. There's one in particular that's a huge Whovian, that would love it more than most. But my sisters? In a word, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and definitely, unquestionably, undeniably no.
                          You have nine sisters??

Comment

No, I have two sisters. And that's how much I would not want to travel through time and space with them.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                              unless you're donna noble and then you just show up
                              Ah, but the Tardis picked her first...

Comment

Working...
                              X