Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. Are you able to get to a natural water source that isn't contaminated? If so, you can make normal river water safe to drink by boiling, as long as this chemical isn't in it. You can also filter natural river water to make it more appealing (not necessarily safer, you still need to boil,) to drink as well. If you don't have a filter, you can make one pretty easily with sand, charcoal, pebbles, and small rocks (layer smallest substance to largest at the top to filter progressively.) This will get rid of larger organisms and dirt and debris.

Comment

Sorry to have gone quiet; I do appreciate all the suggestions. We'll make sure to keep them in mind as we shop to prepare for the next crisis. There's now been one every year we've been married (2), I don't need further pattern establishment!

As to news, they're starting to lift the ban! They've started in Charleston and will be working out in zones. Don't know when we'll get water back specifically but it should be soon!
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I saw a segment with the CEO - "not pretty" describes it well. Seems like a glaring omission that the EPA doesn't monitor this place.

Comment

Yeah, given their PR firm quit after that, not pretty was lowballing it.

In other news, water ban was lifted for us! *dances*
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Interesting piece from a WV native here.

Comment

I saw that. And even as a non-native resident, I have to agree with the sentiment. I'm trying to put together a letter for the various and sundry politicians.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
              X