This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dogs are plotting to take over the world

I've been at a friend's house the last two days. When we were planning this, one of our concerns was how well our respective animals would get along. I have a male Mastiff and a female Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix and she has two male dachshunds and an elderly male cat. Given that my dogs would likely be fairly stressed out after a long drive, I was really concerned about everybody getting along.

Turns out, I was worried about the wrong thing.

The dogs have not only become friends, but they've joined forces and are attempting to take over the world. Already I've had to repair my friend's fence. Actually, my son did the repair, but he volunteered to do so and rather enjoys that sort of work, so I let him.

These dogs are hysterical to watch. The little ones have figured out that the mastiff is big and powerful and can dig a whole lot faster than they can and he can knock down fence boards without any effort. The four of them together have already made one amazing escape. I'm torn between watching them plot and execute their escape plans and stopping them so we don't have to go chasing them across the neighborhood.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Get a videocamera and film it, then sell the film to Disney for a few mil and see it turn into the latest animal movie

Comment

And people say animals are stupid.

Hell, let 'em take over. They can't do a worse job than humans have done.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

lol. That reminds me of the Retainer episode of Eerie, Indiana.
        For those of you that haven't seen it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12...ner_shortfilms

Ah, the '90's.
        "Better weird than dead."

Comment

I love that show! <3

Comment

Mathnerd. I have a problem with your statement, it suggests that you think that domestic animals have not already taken over.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

lol. Dogs and cats really aren't given enough credit for their insanity. They are really surprisingly intelligent. The problem is that they are intelligent enough to get into trouble and then have difficulty figuring out how to get out of it.

Comment

So they need some trustworthy human servants to make sure they get out. I happily volunteer for the job
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My dog is certainly not dumb. She's also a bit of a smartass. For example, when she was a puppy, she loved chewing on socks. I was sitting on the recliner watching TV one day, when she came in proudly chewing on one of my husband's socks. I managed to get her to drop it and then gave her one of her dog bones to chew on instead. I set the sock on the armrest, meaning to throw it back in the dirty clothes the next commercial break. A few minutes later, the dog came back, set the bone on the armrest and grabbed the sock again.
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Mine's a bit of a smartass as well. Not to mention spoiled to death . . .

And I guarantee you that as soon as my brother brings Abby back into the house, the first thing she'll do is run to me to be petted, then go and grab her toys and make a beeline for my love seat out here in the office.

And don't leave Mom's bedroom door cracked open . . . she'll push through and go straight for her goodie drawer by the chair, where she'll proceed to sniff around and beg with those big, brown eyes.

Why take over the world when she's already taken over the house?
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My kitty does her best to mess with me all the time. My husband swears that she plans ways to mess with my head.

For example... she stays JUST out of reach. Oh, she wants attention badly and will demand a hug when she wants it, but I seriously think she finds its funny to always stay just out of reach while she begs for attention.

And then there's the nighttime awakenings... this little smartass HAS to announce her presence every time she walks into a room with a loud meow. I've gotten used to it over the years and if it's 2 am, she runs into the room and meows and I've learned to ignore it even if I'm asleep. You'd think she'd get the hint but noooo, that's not possible. She jumps up on the bed, and walks all over me. When that doesn't work, she gets right up to my ear and YELLS "MEOW". Oh that gets the reaction but I don't think its the one she was hoping for since it usually means she gets booted from the room lol.

I always say that we'd be in big trouble if she had thumbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X