This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-snow device

Yet again, my anti-snow device here appears to be working, albeit only from a sense of cosmic irony.
    Three years ago I built a sledge for my children. It's about a metre and a half long, half a metre wide and weighs a bit less than a ten year-old. Made it out of plywood veneer and 2x2s and it's slightly too large to fit in the car.
    Every year I fiddle with it. It's been painted bright red with a mario star on the front to begin with. The next year it got an insulated floor of building foam and a yoga mat. Last year it got iron runners fitted.
    So far I've not had enough snow here to make a decent snowman, let alone take the kids sledging. It's almost enough to make me consider mass-production and selling them to the US given current weather conditions. There's bound to be a market for it.

I would buy 20!
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

We have an anti-snow device here, too. It's call Winterfest. One year the Weather Channel wanted to come here to film. The festival organizers had to truck snow in from out in the sticks, because the city had none.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The anti-snow devices we got a couple of year ago are still working - a 4-wheel drive SUV and a nice snow blower. But they don't do much for the very cold temperatures. Not that I'm complaining. I rather have cold than snow and ice.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

We only have a shovel. I guess that's why it snowed like crazy here this year.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

We have a snow magnet here in the shape of our snow blower. Let me explain:

When we first got the machine my dad suggested that during the off season to run it for a few minutes at lest once a month to prevent stagnation causing problems during the winter. It was a good idea so I was doing it.

That idea lasted one year. Why?

Because every time I did so, without fail, within 24 hours the temperature would drop 5-10 degrees and we would get precipitation. After on year determining it couldn't be a coincidence I said to hell with the idea.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              to prevent stagnation causing problems
              Only run ethanol free, and don't forget to drain it in the spring.

Comment

Would you ship to Canada?? PLEEEZE?!?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  Only run ethanol free, and don't forget to drain it in the spring.
                  Well, apart from the "I don't wanna start!" delay at the start of the season, there's been no issues. Well, none that are the fault of the machine at any rate.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    The anti-snow devices we got a couple of year ago are still working - a 4-wheel drive SUV and a nice snow blower. But they don't do much for the very cold temperatures. Not that I'm complaining. I rather have cold than snow and ice.
                    My anti-snow wards may not be working any more. They are predicting 4-7 inches for the my area (DC area) tomorrow. Nasty.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                    X