Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a new gaming mouse. Any suggestions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new gaming mouse. Any suggestions?

Lately my DeathAdder has been pissing me off. I've noticed that sometimes it will register a single click as a double click but aside from causing me to accidentally sell an item in Borderlands 2 that I wasn't trying to there wasn't too much issue. Now it seems to not know it's head from it's ass. The last time I played a game it would frequently not register a click or when I was holding the key down to charge a shot. I found I was almost having to "slam" down on the key for it to register.

Things like this happen outside of games too. When I click on the back button on my browser it will take me back two pages instead of one or I will have to click on something several times for it to register.

I did try to install a new driver for it (3.05 from 3.03) but that just got rid of my DeathAdder control panel. It wouldn't let me install firmware because it said the driver was uninstalled and I'm still having the same issues.

So fuck it! I'll just get a new one. I really like Razer so I'd like to stick with that brand but if anyone has any really good suggestions I'd like to hear them. I know there's at least a few other gamers on here. If it helps to know, my preferred genre is FPS (mainly TF2 and Serious Sam) so I don't need one of the MMO mouses with a thousand buttons. Also, I like my mouse sensitivity to be around 23cm/360 so anything that will let me fine tune my sensitivity is a must.

First, have you tried cleaning it?

That said, cleaning didn't work for my last mouse, which was doing nearly the same thing, so I had to get a new one and was very sad to learn they don't make the Intellimouse any longer. I still don't like the new one, and I've had it nearly a month. >_<

Other than that, I tend to avoid gaming mice since they're expensive and have more functions than I will ever use, so I have no suggestions on what to get. Although, my new mouse is actually so sensitive that I had to turn it down because my hand was cramping over how tiny the movements were. Now, that's one sensitive mouse. (when I get home, I'll post what it is I have, tho it's definitely not a Razer)

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

CM Storm makes some pretty good mice. I got a CM Storm Sentinel Z3RO-G and have been very happy with it. It fits my hand comfortably, has great reactions, tons of functionality, and didn't kill my bank account. Might be worth a look. I had also looked at the Inferno, but the Sentinel fit my hand better.

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I have a GearHead. It's actually on the cheap side and more responsive than I was expecting it to be. That said, it's a bit small for my hand (and I don't have a large hand) and lighter than I'd like. But at least it's symmetrical - I can't stand those curved mice that are supposed to be right-handed. >_<

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The SteelSeries mice are really nice, without looking like an 8 year old's idea of a space travel. The Sensei or the Ikari if you want a few more features.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            so I had to get a new one and was very sad to learn they don't make the Intellimouse any longer. I still don't like the new one, and I've had it nearly a month.
            Just ran into that myself after the cable wore out on my old one causing it to cut out incessantly. The last few I'd owned were definitely much, MUCH lower build quality than the first pair. The first two both lasted 5+ years and failed to actual physical damage eventually, but the later ones simply wore out after ~2 years.
            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
            X