This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gratitude

I know I don't post a whole lot, and I know that many of you don't know me. But even so, I wanted to say thank you to all of you.

Seven months ago, the man I was engaged to told me he was moving in with his new girlfriend and her children. One month later, my mother died unexpectedly from a heart condition no one knew she had. With my father already passed on and no siblings, grief, depression, and stress overwhelmed me to the point that I had to force myself out of bed every day.

While I was still trying to deal with that, my cousin, her husband, and their ten year old wound up staying in my apartment because he got transferred from one store to another and they didn't have time to find a place. What was supposed to be a month stay has now turned into nearly five.

So where does gratitude come in? Everyone here, with their stories, their humor, have helped me keep a grip on what little sanity I have left. I've been a retail worker for years and right now I have three jobs just to keep myself afloat. After a long day, I can hop on and laugh or realize that while life might suck, I'm not in it alone. So thank you. I don't know how I would have managed without all of you over the course of the last year.

Sorry to hear that you've gone through so much in such a short amount of time. I'm glad you're able to find comfort with this site, and I hope things turn around for you soon

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time lately. I hope 2013 is good to you. And yep, we're always here!

Comment

Yes. May 2013 be a better year for all of us than 2012 has been.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I second (third?) that. 2012 sucked for many people on these boards including me. May 2013 be much better!
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
          X