Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see. This year, I got to be home for Christmas. Last year sucked something awful.

-Storm Tropical Breeze, 15lbs., Black/Cherry. That's a bowling ball for those who don't know. It's a really good ball for dry/light oil lanes. It also permanently smells like black cherry. http://c3333154.r54.cf0.rackcdn.com/...erry-30953.jpg

-Ball Spinner (Plus accessories). I didn't expect this at all. My mom said it was too expensive and she couldn't afford it. It'll make cleaning/polishing/sanding my bowling balls a lot easier. The spinner comes with polish, cleaner, sandpaper of different grits, cleaning pads, and a towel. I just need to buy the pedal that goes with it.

-Jets long sleeve shirt to lounge around in. Some dress socks I needed.

-New flannel sheets for my bed. All my other sets of sheets have holes in them from the dogs. And I love the feeling of flannel sheets. Feels amazing.

-Last but not least, my Maxim calendar. A nice yearly tradition.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

From Gamer's christmas:

- a 2 sided puzzle of cats
      - 2 glass dragons
      - a plaque with a dragon on it, in a pentacle

Family christmas:

- a whislting kettle for the stove since my old one died.
      - a new shirt
      - a tin of peanuts that i tend to horde when I am at my parents
      - a cat puzzle
      - a new ornament from my parents
      - lots of candy
      - a new laptop
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kawanza, Happy Whatever You Celebrate everyone!

Got a John Deere haul this year: T-shirt, Hoodie, baseball cap, and keychain (from my mom)
        Got a giftcard with instructions to purchase a soda stream from mom, brother, brother in law, and nephew.
        Got Bucky Balls from the Fiance.
        Got a gas card (which paid for our gas to get home!) from the Finace's Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.

But most importantly, I got to Skype with my family to watch them open presents. My nephew is a little over a year old. His favorites from today's haul: His Jake and the Neverland Pirates playhouse (pirate ship shaped), His see and say, and the giftcard we sent so my sister in law can go get him whatever he didn't get. Literally the giftcard. It's snowglobe shaped and has a hologram.

Now it's coffee cake and Christmas movies until I go to work. Either we will be very slow, or I'll have new stories tonight for you guys.
        And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

Comment

I got a new battery for my computer from my dad, one of these fancy pillows from my brother, and a picture of the vanity that I picked out for my bathroom, which my mom will get whenever my dad gets around to being able to do it. Those were the "big" presents, plus some little stuff (an ornament that says "Youngest Child (Mom's favorite)"*, some scratch-off tickets that won me a grand total of $2, some little candies, a fortune cookie (apparently they got takeout recently ) and a few other stocking stuffers. We decided on only one present each this year so it wasn't a big haul.

*My brother got "First Born (Mom's favorite)"

My mom got the cats some catnip toys. They are happy kitties right now. One of them looks like a stick of dynamite and the boy went nuts. The girl was cuddled up with the mouse when I left her (she's been hiding in the bedroom but at least she came out from under the bed).

A friend at work got me PJ pants with chihuahuas on them so I wore them over to breakfast (was gonna wear slippers too but I didn't want to drive in them and I had enough crap to bring without adding more shoes). And another friend got me a little walking, barking chihuahua toy so I brought him and turned him on to see what the cat would do. He didn't quite know what to make of it.
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-25-2012, 04:20 PM. Reason: end quotes
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Got a book I've been longing for, a massive bag of kitkat assorted(sugar coma time), a giant tin of my Gramma Deb's famous baking abilities(definite sugar coma) and spending my first christmas with my family in like 4 years(my job forced me to work every holiday)
            My Wajas cave

Comment

Mr. Evil and I have done 1 christmas with my family and were sick for 1 of his families. We have another one later today when ever we get out of the house..

So Far:
              Got the Second Agatha H. book ^-^
              The Complete Mash Series and Movie
              DollyWood Season Passes for him and me from mom and Dad
              He got a leather bag from me *I lost debit card rights when I went out with mom later cause of that one but got it back when I got home (I have bipolar so must spend money hits sometimes)*
              I got a fire place popcorn popper and he got a drill set from my dad
              He got very nice headphones from my Sis and BIL my other Sis is going to get his present soon..

Will update when we get home from his families xmas.

May all of you have a great day and be with those you love or at least enjoy the company of

Comment

I got Lego Lord of the Rings and Lego Harry Potter, the three Hellboy comics that the library doesn't have, Cold Days, and an awesome pair of pajama pants, which I'm wearing right now.

I bought my dad a t-shirt that says "Vote Vader: together we shall rule the galaxy!", my mom got the newest Rascal Flatts CD, and my sisters got a blanket, The Avengers, and a Princess Luna shirt, respectively.
                It doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you look really cool doing it! -- Julio Scoundrel, Order of the Stick

Comment

I worked Christmas Eve, when the entire family gets together to eat and open presents.

By the time I got home, All the food had been eaten, all the presents had been opened, and my nephews had claimed the presents that had been intended for me.

I went to bed early to avoid murdering people.

Comment

Wow. Just... Wow.

Not even a plate set aside? And who gives away other people's gifts?

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

No leftovers, not a single plate set aside, and there's a reason I ~loathe~ my nephews. (And my cousin, but that's a whole other can of worms)

If Anyone needs me, I'll be in Tyria, destroying Wintersday celebrators for Grenth.

Comment

From my parents house today:

I got $20
                        a $25 applebees giftcard
                        Seasons 5,6,7 of Friends (which completes my collection)
                        Psych Season 6
                        Sims 3 Supernatural
                        Bath and Body works items
                        pineapple salt and pepper shakers
                        some new pots and pans
                        Last edited by Monica; 12-25-2012, 08:21 PM.
                        "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

From my parents: a much needed treadmill, a necklace with a blown glass pendant, and some sweeties

From the coworker who drew me in the secret Santa gifting: Starbucks insulated cup and a pack of house blend coffee, and a gift card to my favorite Southwest place.

From my bestie at work: THIS, OMG! and season 2 of The Walking Dead

Nephew: Big Bang Theory season 5

Sis and her family: the blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet combo pack of The Dark Knight Rises.
                          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

From my parents a cake mixer (a week early so i could use it to make cookies)
                            From my nana a blender
                            From the GF a rose gold bangle, wine glasses and country cd's
                            From the flatmates cocktail glasses

And from the day sunburn.

Comment

I'd surprised my parents by really developing my cooking skills over the last year, so a lot of my presents that weren't things I'd actually asked for (and weren't the obligatory smellies or sweeties) were cooking and baking stuff!!

Two of the best of those were a Dutch cheese knife that has 'CHEESE' carved through the blade, and a round, dimpled Poffertjes pan (we'd visited Holland in September; the latter are like tiny British-style pancakes).
                              I also got a dice game called Roll Through The Ages and a membership gift set to the Cloud Appreciation Society!!
                              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

From various people I recieved:

-- Thor DVD
                                -- Avengers DVD
                                -- Hunger Games DVD
                                -- Iron Man 1 and 2 DVD's
                                -- Hunger Games trilogy book box set
                                -- various necklaces and earrings
                                -- 4 big bottles of body wash
                                -- a purple dragon statue
                                -- sequin hat and scarf
                                -- a bead board [ a much needed item ] that's inside a folder-type thing so that I can put the board and my beading tools in
                                --1.75 liter Jose Cuervo Margarita bottled mix, already mixed with Tequila [ ^.^ ]
                                -- Margarita salt
                                -- two Margarita glasses, clear top with a green stem
                                -- two more scarves, both black
                                -- $350 in checks
                                -- $60 in cash

I made a bunch of stuff for people and got everyone's fur-babies some goodies as well.
                                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X