royal blue Snuggie
    3 pair of fuzzy socks
    $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble
    Scarf
    Paint by Numbers kit with a horse

Comment

Complete exoneration on all charges!!

For Christmas this year I got:
      • all those wonderful Christmas cards you CSers sent me.
      • a new winter jacket that's 3-in-1 (outer nylon shell and a fleece liner, you can wear either piece separately or put them together)
      • $50 Kohls gift card
      • $25 gift cards to Starbucks and the Grocery Store of Awesome
      • a new clip watch for work
      • three big bars of fancy soap
      • a couple t-shirts to be worn under my polos for work
      • a 2013 Green Bay Packers calendar
      • books on American train stations and the Green Bay Packers
      • from my sister, a tin wind-up train that I'll never play with but looks cool on a shelf or my desk, and two books by Wisconsin author Michael Perry
        (titles are Truck: A Love Story and Population: 485: Meeting Your Neighbors One Siren at a Time. I'm about halfway through Population: 485 and enjoying the hell out of it.
      • from my supervisor at work, a box full of scrum-diddly-umpcious things she baked herself, and a $5 Culvers gift card
      • from my managers at work, a Christmas card with a Santa Money chocolate bar attached, and I would much rather have the chocolate than the lottery ticket they normally toss inside the card.
      • technically not a gift, but a $25 rebate check for the Keurig coffeemaker I bought myself in October. Yes, I broke down and got one. If it were possible, I would have sex with it. But it has needles inside and that would be pokey and hurty and just plain wrong.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
        I worked Christmas Eve, when the entire family gets together to eat and open presents.

By the time I got home, All the food had been eaten, all the presents had been opened, and my nephews had claimed the presents that had been intended for me.

I went to bed early to avoid murdering people.
        I'm sorry honey. Want some home made virtual fudge? Chocolate fixes everything. *fudge*.
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Home from Nekojin's family. Gathering was lovely, idiots on the road were annoying.

Among the haul were:

Barnes & Noble gift card
          Red Lobster gift card
          movie passes
          several shirts for both of us
          lounge pants for him
          and a lovely Laurel Burch signature duffel

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I got an amazing gift - I got to watch my niece and nephew open up their gifts from me, my parents and their parents. That was the best gift of all for me. They had so much fun opening them.

Gifts I got -
            $300 from parents
            $25 Gift card to Best Buy from niece and nephew
            $30 gift cards to Old Chicago
            And a fish calendar from parents.
            EDIT
            Forgot I also got school pictures of my niece (10) and nephew (13). I also found out my nephew has a girlfriend. Damn, he's getting more ladies than his old uncle, not like that's very difficult.
            Last edited by Victory Sabre; 12-26-2012, 02:09 AM.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I got:
              A little tiny cute jewelry box from my kid
              2 boxes of chocolates
              $150 from Dad

And a car crash on the 23rd.
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

A car crash?? I hope it wasn't serious!

I got to NOT have to pack, book a taxi, arrange for cat care, get up at a hideous hour to catch a train, etc., etc. this year. Then I got to have Christmas dinner with relatives. Both of those are "first time in decades" events.

Also got all the lovely cards from people here , a nice heavy blue fleece pullover from sis and from brother:
                * a calendar full of family photos,
                * a magnetized memo pad with "Things I Otter Do" and sketches of happy-looking little otters on it ,
                * a book called Scaredy Squirrel prepares for Christmas (not sure if bro is trying to tell me something )
                * and also a book called Still Alice. It's a book about ... Alzheimer's.

Oh! And the relatives I had dinner with gave me a nice big bottle of chamomile mineral bubble bath and one of those body scrubber thingies. I had brought a bottle of wine for dinner but didn't have any actual gifts so I'm planning to try and make at least one batch of Grandma's kipfle and take them some.

Still have a Secret Santa gift to open from an online group I belong to ... but I can't open that until we have our group chat on Thursday night.

Meanwhile we must have a helluva storm coming in ... the wind is screaming like a banshee out there.

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                I worked Christmas Eve, when the entire family gets together to eat and open presents.

By the time I got home, All the food had been eaten, all the presents had been opened, and my nephews had claimed the presents that had been intended for me.

I went to bed early to avoid murdering people.
                That is AWFUL. Why didn't anybody stop them??
                Last edited by Pixilated; 12-26-2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

The best part of today was watching my 5 year old niece & 18-month old nephew open & enjoy their gifts. We stayed overnight at sis & BIL's house, so we got to enjoy the full day with them, even seeing them get their gifts from Santa.

We've done part of our Christmas - other sister is coming up from California this weekend, so we'll do the rest then.

So far, my haul included:
                  2 new pairs of sheets
                  a new electric blanket
                  $8 in winning lottery scratch-its
                  new jammies
                  a new pair of jeans
                  a warm, fuzzy Columbia vest
                  credit at my Creative Memories consultant's
                  new scrapbookin supplies
                  $15 Fandango gift card
                  Junior Mints (yum)
                  AAA membership - thanks Mom. (I think she's trying to tell me my truck's getting old<G>)
                  That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

My parents got me a $100 mart of wal gift card, my best friend got me that 6 quart crocpot I've been wanting, my boyfriend got me a wii u with nun chucks and 2 games. He didn't count on my breaking my arm so unfortunately I can't play it yet.

Comment

Hope you all had a great Christmas. Was gone the majority of yesterday as my parents and I went over my aunt and uncles house. Got to hang with my cousins who I see maybe twice a year.

The Haul
                      -1 Jar of Peanut Butter and Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams
                      -1 Jar of Peanut Butter and Co. White Chocolate Wonderful
                      -1 Jar of Peanut Butter and Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl
                      -2 containers of Juicy Fruit Gum
                      -1 container of Dubble Bubble Gum
                      -1 box of Dots
                      -1 box of Swiss Miss Cocoa
                      -1 S'Mores Box Set
                      -1 Old Spice Deodarant
                      - Rosario + Vampire Season II Volume 10
                      - Vampire Knight Vols. 11 and 13-15
                      - Barnes and Nobles Gift Card
                      - Gamestop Gift Card
                      - 2 Pairs of Pajama Pants
                      - NHL 13
                      - The Simpsons Season 15

Comment

I was so spoilt this year!
                        - Olive tree, Blood Orange tree, Borage, Sage and 1200 worms for my worm farm.
                        - Charms for my Pandora bracelet
                        - Fancy suitcase
                        - Bookstore giftcards
                        - Money
                        - DVDs
                        - Cold Days!! (Next time, I'm pre-ordering because it took forever to find a copy)
                        - Pens and ink
                        - Complete Daria set with a teeshirt
                        - A carton of Grape Fanta
                        - Bowling gift voucher

And Rugz is picking up his TrackIR and his Warthog joystick in the morning.
                        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

A worm farm? Awesome

I got (so far):

10" Galaxy Tab (w00t!). It's the wifi version so I don't need to fork out for another data plan.
                          $$ to get some accessories for said tablet
                          Star Trek Enterprise pizza cutter
                          Carved horn feather pendant
                          Box of bacon peanut brittle
                          Han Solo in carbonite ice cube tray
                          ThinkGeek K-9 figure
                          Pokemon 12" Emolga plush
                          Two clear resin marbles with spiders in them (from Obscura in NYC)
                          Lego Monster Hunters Werewolf set

Vacation was too short, as usual. I missed seeing my cousin and her hubby which was a bit disappointing, but understandable seeing as it's their first Christmas as a couple. I'll have to get their mailing address from my aunt to send them some stuff.
                          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 12-31-2012, 04:20 PM.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

From the Hubby's family
                            Xbox points
                            BN gift cards
                            Guinness Pint glasses
                            World of Warcraft Mega Blocks set

From my family
                            couple of crochet motif book
                            a whole box of crochet edging stuff
                            a new Jim Shore Maleficent figure
                            a Maleficent cross stitch kit
                            BN Gift Card
                            Best Buy gift cards
                            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

On the kidlet front, Nekojin's cousin's second daughter is now 1.1/2. She's just a little too young to quite understand Christmas; her sister was 2 the first time we saw her.

However, by the time we were most of the way through, she figured out that when someone handed you something, you were supposed to pull the paper off of it, and she did so with only 1 of the presents she got. Which happened to be a toy phone that makes noise when you push buttons. Every time it would do the ring sound, she'd put it up to her head and say "hi." Very cute.

Next year, she'll be all set to be our Santa's helper.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Lets see, my family and fiance have been so generous to me.

A nook with a nice red case
                                Skylanders Giants for the DS and three figures, a tin with the collectors cards in it and a dog tag.
                                A gift card for a game shop (£25 plus a second with a tenner on it)
                                About half a dozen Rupert the Bear annuals including this years I now have an annual for every year I've been alive plus about 20 others.
                                A bath bomb making set
                                Baileys Fudge
                                A cuddly monkey
                                A tin with Lovehearts in it
                                Bath Salts
                                A make your own purse set
                                A my little pony (Sunny Day)
                                A bell with 'Ring for Hugs' on it
                                A furry hat with long flaps to keep my ears nice and warm
                                An art set and an A2 pad (it's huge!)
                                Sims 3 Seasons
                                I'm Sorry I'll Read that Again CD
                                Edit: Just remembered the Awesome signed Simons Cat book (Simons cat vs the world), an owl shaped heating thing and a hot water bottle

A few other bits that escape my memory right now and I'll get more at our second christmas when I see my best friend.
                                Last edited by Bardmaiden; 12-27-2012, 12:44 PM.
                                Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Working...
                                X