X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas all!

My haul:

From my parents, we got money to frame a signed Larry Elmore print we won at Charcon. It looks amazing.

From his mom: I got two sets of earrings and a necklace, as well as a lavender scented bath set, two scarves, and a car starter...thing. (It's one of those big charge holders that you can use to jump start your battery).

From Kabe: A Nintendo 3DS with KH 3D and Ocarina of Time. Why no, I haven't turned the system off yet...

From my aunts: A leather purse which I'm going to use for the new game system (it's the perfect size!) and an ornament of a stained glass window at my aunt's and grandfather's church. While this seems strange, it should be noted it's the representation of the first Joyous mystery and they're going to be doing all of the stained glass windows in order. My grandparents paid for one of the windows so...we're all getting collections. I think it's neat.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Honestly, the gifts I gave were more important to me than what I got. Seeing my family happy - hell seeing my family on "Face time", seeing my boyfriend happy, and going to Christmas morning Mass... that's the most important 'gifts' I got.

Having something to unwrap at all made me feel special, and quite frankly it wouldn't have mattered if it was fancy or simple; just that it said "I'm thinking about you."

Kinda like my last birthday. My boyfriend gave me a bunch of stuff from Hot Topic, including half-price discounted halloween socks that glow in the dark. When I told my mom, she laughed... "Anyone else would ask 'why did you give me this' but you... it's perfect for you!" yeah i love my skeleton sox!

Likewise that's what I think about with my gifts... the most important ones are the ones you can't really put in boxes.

Comment

I didn't get much, but I got a clean room from my niece and nephew *chuckles* One of the best christmas gifts I could get.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

Next year, she'll be all set to be our Santa's helper.

^-.-^
          My auntie has this tradition on Christmas that she has santas helpers. For the last few years, they have involved her son, my cousin and so on. Last year my cousin was one of them.

This year however, son was too old and cousin is about five months pregnant (she's going to have a boy!) so my cousins from Alice springs (desert town in Australia) were recruited instead.

Cue a rendition of the men in tights song.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

We're out here spending Christmas with my family. We're going to spend time with xx_wolfie_xx's dad on January 1st, when we get back into our town. So far, though, from my family:

wolfie has gotten:
            4 video games
            a movie
            3 lbs of gummy bears
            a $25 GC to use on...tools....and manly stuffs....

I got:
            2 boxes of my brand of haircolor
            2 cookbooks
            $25 Starbucks GC
            $30 Walmart GC
            fleece throw
            a digital camera

We both got, as a couple:
            Several updated pictures of various nieces and nephews.
            $30 GC to Chilis/Macaroni Grill/Maggiano's Restaurant
            $20 Applebee's GC
            a table rock fountain
            a board game
            a Toshiba Thrive tablet (technically, it was addressed to both of us, but...I've yet to get my hands on it. boys with their toys...)

Comment

I am lucky to have a loving family that for some reason tries to spoil me. These are the highlights:

Munchkin Fu
              Books...six of them
              My first Batwoman graphic novel (NEW GIRL CRUSH)
              A super-soft Hello Kitty robe. I am wearing it now. I will never take it off.
              A Hello Kitty messenger bag
              A Hello Kitty cake pan (see a pattern here?)
              A Cute Overload desktop calendar
              Money for a new superhero costume this year (I am leaning toward Batwoman...)
              And a ton of conditioner, shampoo, toothpaste etc that my mom always puts together (she hits the sales and uses coupons, gets stuff way cheap and stuffs it all into Rubbermaid containers for my brother and I)

And if you think this is excessive, you should see my son's haul..
              Last edited by AnaKhouri; 12-27-2012, 12:01 AM.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I'm Jewish, so I don't get a lot of gifts, but... My evil minion just got me an evil gift.

It's an evil cheese cake.

After all I ate yesterday... It's sitting in the fridge, calling to me...

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  It's an evil cheese cake.
                  With bacon?
                  Chuck Brodsky - On Christmas I Got Nothing
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post

And if you think this is excessive, you should see my son's haul..
                    How big was HIS haul?

My 3-year-old cousin in Perth apparently received Lego. Lots and lots of Lego.

The reason behind this is because he likes Lego and has a set at home, but it's not his own personal set. His mum runs a family daycare from her house. (his mum=my cousin )

Quoth Mishi View Post
                    - A carton of Grape Fanta
                    For those of you who are wondering what is so exciting about grape Fanta, it is because Grape fanta is a foreign drink to us Aussies.

And of course, I always make a point of buying some whenever I can.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Well, Khan has three doting grandfathers, two doting grandmothers, a doting uncle, a doting great-grandmother, and two adoring parents (who try to keep the spoiling to a minimum at any rate). Three Transformers, a handful of superhero action figures, two Imaginext toys for his samurai castle, four Matchbox cars, two activity books, five picture books, and new crayons, markers, and colored pencils. Plus a Spider-man sleeping bag(my stepdad's idea) and Shrinky Dinks, which I didn't even know they still made. AND my brother-in-law bought him not only the Jedi Heroes toy of Darth Vader's TIE fighter, but also Luke's X-wing (the kid has never seen Star Wars, but he has allll the toys...BiL has an agenda he's pursuing).

So, yeah. We try to keep it under control and manage to do so at his birthday, but Christmas is harder.
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Hmm, brother took me to see the Hobbit, a more comfortable bike seat, and a set of socks.

Rapscallion

Comment

I got:

From the gf:
                          2 Jumpers
                          4 miniature scotch whiskeys
                          D Day Dice board game

From her girls:
                          Batman socks

From my parents:
                          several books
                          Doctor Who DVD
                          Spitfire calendar
                          red socks
                          sweets
                          a very generous cheque
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            as I sit here, on Christmas morn, drinking my bourbon with a little eggnog

I realize that most of my "presents" are things that money can not buy.

Racket Man-your post is so touching. You expressed my thoughts exactly. We should all appreciate life so much more than we do.

Comment

Working...
                            X