X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pokemon Go" Nearly Claims First Victim

It happened...

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/s...r-crash-362895
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I don't know what it is. He was playing a handheld game while driving?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I don't know what it is. He was playing a handheld game while driving?
      Basically, yes. On his smartphone.

Comment

Ugh. Why?? I know, it's pointless to ask.

Comment

How in the world do you play Pokemon Go while driving?? You going to catch an Eevee at 50 miles an hour? As far as I can tell, they're not trying to run away from you.

Comment

I weep for America.

Comment

I'm waiting for the first innocent victim, like a pedestrian minding their own business.

The pedestrian playing Pokemon Go who walks into traffic doesn't count.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                I'm waiting for the first innocent victim, like a pedestrian minding their own business.

The pedestrian playing Pokemon Go who walks into traffic doesn't count.
                The pedestrian walking into traffic happened. The other thing hasn't yet...but I say give it time.

Comment

My husband works delivering pizza, and his boss e-mailed him and his coworkers, warning them about Pokemon Go players wandering around, eyes glued to their phones and not paying attention to their surroundings.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

...and another...

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local...pokemon-go.ece

Comment

Well, to be fair that could happen to someone engrossed in a book or music or some such.

Comment

And heeeeeeeeere's another one

http://fox59.com/2016/07/14/two-men-...ng-pokemon-go/

Comment

as someone who has fallen down a cliff and lived in Arizona while being klutzy (i once almost stepped on a king snake) .... nothing I've heard so far happening could easily happen in any different situation . Its not exclusive to Pokemon Go but its just amusing that its happening more often because of it. give it a bit for people to get use to playing while moving.
                          Last edited by Sliceanddice; 07-15-2016, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            Well, to be fair that could happen to someone engrossed in a book or music or some such.
                            That's just it. If you're sitting down safely at home, in a restaurant, a park or some other safe stationary place, being engrossed in a book / video game / phone conversation / etc. is fine. When you're out walking around and there's traffic and other pedestrians nearby, you really need to focus on where you are, what you're doing and your surroundings, and you can't do that with your eyes glued to the phone (or page).

I don't even answer my phone until I can get to a safe place out of traffic; I'm clumsy enough even when I am paying attention to what I'm doing!
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Here's another crash that happened in Baltimore, hitting a POLICE CRUISER! I see this becoming all too commonplace, and it's only a matter of time before some oblivious pedestrian playing walks into traffic and becomes a fatality...

https://consumerist.com/2016/07/20/d...ts-what-i-get/

Comment

Working...
                              X