Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and now it's apparently interrupting government business...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/downt...ing/vi-BBuCY3K
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I've seen crazy stories before about people leaving their kids in their residence while they go do whatever...

But now it's happened with Pokemon Go...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...OiK?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

And more stupidity:

https://consumerist.com/2016/08/02/n...ut-permission/

A man who is tired of telling people that they can’t catch Pokémon in his backyard has filed a suit that seeks class action status. People have knocked on his door asking to go on his property - I'm sure there are many more who didn't even bother to ask...

https://consumerist.com/2016/08/02/d...ngers-show-up/

"Add daycare businesses to the list of places that would rather not have swarms of Pokémon Go players showing up every day: a New Hampshire child care center successfully got removed from the game after its status as a 'gym' prompted strangers to pop up in the parking lot a bit too often."

If I was a parent this would really set off my hinky meter. The creators of this game need to step up and deal with the mess they've created...

Comment

Agreed. They did take down all (or at least most) of the Ingress portals that were on school grounds, fortunately. (Poke-spots and gyms are located on existing Ingress portals.) Daycares should get the same consideration.
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
            Daycares should get the same consideration.
            there is no perfect way to do that though, as not all the daycares with gyms or pokestops actually have them. Example there is a day care about 2 miles away from me. There is a gym and pokestop around it and on it. The gym is on a bowling alley behind it but shares the same drive way entrance, and the pokestop is on a mural on the wall across the driveway from the daycare.

So while some people may not like this if i was the CEO of the company I wouldn't even think about removing them. Why? Because there is an expectation that there would be non-daycare traffic no matter what due to the bowling alley and the fact the mural is not part of the actual building.

Schools around here can easily have 1 pokestop around it because well Mormons and their seminary buildings. Since these builds can not legally be part of the school grounds due to the separation of church and state and since the are run by the LDS church and staffed with teachers who are part of the church they are considered places of worship.

Comment

Although not the game's fault, per se, someone has finally been killed while playing it. http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

https://consumerist.com/2016/08/11/c...orhood-unsafe/

Latest complaint - A couple is suing Niantic and Nintendo, claiming that their formerly quiet neighborhood has been made unsafe with all the rampaging hordes of Pokémon Go players.

I can see this. Where I live all the parks close at dusk but Pokemon Go players routinely ignore this, and in other places as well. The parks now stay open later but supposedly the police will arrest those found in the parks after closing.

Really? These bozos can't even be bothered to ticket all the illegally parked vehicles around my neighborhood, much less the out-of-state cars parked here ALL. THE. FREAKING. TIME. Or do anything about the boarding house across the street. But they have the time to chase off Pokemon Go players?

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  I can see this. Where I live all the parks close at dusk but Pokemon Go players routinely ignore this, and in other places as well. The parks now stay open later but supposedly the police will arrest those found in the parks after closing.
                  So totally off topic I know but your parks close at dusk? That freaking sucks man! Even in Almost Mexico the main park was up until 9:30 (later for events) and the smaller parks closed at 8:30. Here in Third Largest City no one remembers the parks close at 10.

As a edu student I find the fact your parks close at dusk heart breaking.

Comment

https://consumerist.com/2016/08/04/p...on-go-players/

So apparently pokemon go players are delaying spraying but I have to ask: are they posting the spraying schedule? Cause if they're not (and they can run it in the newspaper and on local social media) doing so might solve their problem.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      As a edu student I find the fact your parks close at dusk heart breaking.
                      Most are not lit so they're not really safe after dark as it's easy to trip on roots, sinkholes, etc. Parks with outdoor lighting do stay open until 9pm or so.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the popularity of talking about the dangers of Pokemon Go is just a way to shame people who play them. People having been doing stupid crap on their phones and getting killed for years. Why is it suddenly news?
                        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Greenday, I would say because there's a lot more oblivious idiots wandering around now. It was bad before but I think the numbers have increased substantially...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                            Most are not lit so they're not really safe after dark as it's easy to trip on roots, sinkholes, etc. Parks with outdoor lighting do stay open until 9pm or so.
                            yeah i walked in a park last night after 7 pm, that only had lights around the edges and the basketball court. And the inside portion of the park is huge. So my stance is that freaking sucks and i'm sorry for the kids in your town. Also I live in triple digit territory so we don't even thank about going to the park until like 6:30.

Comment

...and a lawsuit...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/p...wsuit-michigan

Comment

Yeah I saw that one they are basically suing because their city and the game have said the park is public property, they have no expectation of privacy at a public park.

And it's case they will either lose outright or it will be settled for a rather small amount with little to no changes. Cause most likely they aren't going to have a lot of proof on the trespassing part and it's still going to be a public park in court.

Comment

Working...
                                X