Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ha ha ha ha!!! Longest Limo in the world...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha ha ha!!! Longest Limo in the world...

This is amusing, weird, and cool all at once...

A 100 foot long limo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXYGBHrcwA
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

What is the point of such an insanely long vehicle? How does it even turn corners?! Not to mention, what kind of mileage does it get; is it measured in gallons per mile?
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

When I saw the title I was going to rebut it with something I saw in the trade press (I believe Road King magazine - published by TA travel centers) a few years back (limo made out of an 18 wheeler), but I can't - the limo you posted the link to is longer than the one I mentioned.

How does that thing steer? With a 53 foot trailer, the Peterbilt of Natural Selection is 72 1/2 feet long, and it's articulated. Even so, there are a number of occasions when I've had to make a right turn starting from parallel to (and hugging) the left curb and ending up hugging the left curb. That thing's going to have a LOT of tire scrub in a turn (3 sets of axles), and it looks like a "straight" (non-articulated) vehicle. Why is the hood stretched so far? Looks like there's enough room under there for 3 or 4 big-block (as in 396-454 Chevy - not "big block" from a truck perspective) engines. At 100 feet, it's going to need oversize permits whenever it goes on the road - and those have to be applied for well in advance, and cover a specific route.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

This limo is a classic case of somebody having more dollars than sense.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Goddammit people! the Limo at the start of Leisure Suit Larry 6 was a JOKE! Not a how to guide.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

So someone actually made that super extra long limo that Jeremy Clarkson made on Top Gear?
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I have to assume that either the rear sets of wheels steer along with the front ones, or it has an articulation point that isn't obvious when it's been carefully parked for display (there is some sort of seam just behind the middle group of wheels). Notably, none of that video seemed to show it *moving*, so it's perfectly possible that it has to be physically divided to be moved around.

I also suspect it doesn't have an engine at the front at all, only a fearsomely complex steering gear. There seems to be a fairly big engine at the back, just forward of the swimming pool. This presumably rules out the possibility of articulation.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                What is the point of such an insanely long vehicle?
                The point is to obviously be able to say "I (or my business) have a 100-foot limo". Good for advertising, sort of. My guess is it is transported in pieces and assembled in place. It might drive, it might not--but it's not getting around most streets!!
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                  The point is to obviously be able to say "I (or my business) have a 100-foot limo". Good for advertising, sort of.
                  A billboard would be cheaper. Or a nice sensible van with a painted logo.

While standard limos are pretty nifty, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing, and this weird-ass vehicle proves that.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It looks like it splits into two parts for transport. Photos. Look at the photos about 1/5th down the page.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

You can also see the split at around https://youtu.be/BbXYGBHrcwA?t=56s Where they have it parked but not *quite* aligned.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                      X