This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixed cutie mark!

ok in a previous thread I mentioned I wasn't a "blank flank", but I wasn't happy with what was there, so a few weeks ago I had it fixed. Original tattoo involves a long story and a 16 year-old me getting a tattoo from a guy that had a strange obsession with me, short version is he screwed it up badly(I got the other one he did covered up 5 years ago with a decepticon logo, that everyone loves-this one was a very badly drawn heart with a banner that said something I didn't want-he asked what I wanted in it after doing the linework and I was hurting because he went to deep, I said I was in pain, so he put that in the banner )

So the new one was going to be just a simple Erlenmeyer flask, but due to the original lines, it wouldn't work, so myself and the artist kicked around ideas for about 30-45 minutes, with him sketching them out on the spot(he's the artist that did my back work and he is an incredible artist, and a really fun person to talk to*)

So, what we decided to do was fix the heart and banner, and add a flask to it-aka "my heart bleeds for science" you'll notice the blank space around the heart which is to tie it in to the flask, which he left blank space because with a real flask, you'd see glass around the liquid, that never occurred to me, but he realized it and did it, without thinking, that's how good he is.

so here is the finished, mostly healed result, I think it looks tons better, and as an aside, it's very difficult to photograph one's hip in a manner that doesn't show anything else....

*best part was I said I was sorry for how muscular my legs are due to cycling, and he stopped what he was doing, looked me in the eye and said "NEVER apologize for your anatomy, it's perfect."
    Attached Files
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Very cool
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Science <3

Looks great!
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
      X