This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rare case of DMV awesomeness

So this came from the NSW RMS centres (basically the DMV). I'm in the process of applying (yet again) for a police check over there. One part of the police check requires me to fly over there and verify my identity. So I'm trying to work out the best way to do this without getting horribly lost and within a same-day timeframe.

I wound up emailing the RMS centre folks asking basically "What's the closest centre to the airport (Botany) and does it do this service, when is it open and if the closest centre to the airport does not do the service I want, what are some alternate places?"

The response I got was this:

Botany Motor Registry is able to check your proof of identity. The other registries closest to Botany are at Maroubra Junction, Rockdale, Marrickville and Bondi Junction. These registries are open from 8.30am to 5pm on weekdays and 8.30am to 12 noon on Saturdays.

Alternatively, you can catch a train directly from the airport to either Central Station to walk to the Haymarket Service Centre, or to Wynyard Station where our Wynyard Service Centre is situated just above the station. These service centres are open from 7am to 7pm on weekdays and 9am to 3pm on Saturdays.

Further information including maps is available at www.service.nsw.gov.au/service-centre.
    The kicker? The reply was within one hour.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X