This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It happened at lunch

During lunch break today, I went to a good place to eat where I know the owner. I placed my order, sat down, and played with my phone.

Some time later, the server approached with a sandwich. She set it down on my table, but I realized that it wasn't mine. I told her, and one of the two women at the next table said, "I think it is mine."

Okay, so some time after that, they're both eating. I noticed that the other woman was eating a sandwich that looked a lot like the one I'd ordered. This was confirmed when another server brought me a sandwich that was definitely not what I'd ordered.

Yes, the wrong sandwich (mine) was brought to her, and instead of pointing out the error, she ate it. She couldn't possibly have mistaken mine for hers; they were very different. The owner came over to see what was going on, and I said, "That's not my sandwich. Mine was delivered to the wrong table."

Meanwhile, the woman - who did speak English - kept on eating. She didn't apologize to the server, the owner, or me. She just acted as if nothing had happened.

I was mildly surprised that she actually paid for her food. No mention was made of the fact that she wasted an order, and my time, by taking my sandwich. The owner was deeply apologetic: "It's our fault."

"No, it's hers. She stole my food."

"No, we should have kept track of it."

"No, she should have said something."

I kind of hoped that with that kind of nerve, one of the women would ask me for directions (they were tourists) so I could tell them where to go. They didn't, of course.

I scored a free dessert, though.

That sort of happened to me once...I was inside a McDonald's, waiting for my to-go order to be finished, and a guy swooped in and grabbed the next order up saying, "That's mine!" and quickly left.

The next order came up, and I was the only person waiting, so the cashier handed it to me. It was 4 large meals-not my order. Apparently, in his hurry, he decided my TWO burgers alone were what he wanted.

The kicker? two of his meals were the ones that included my sandwiches, and the McD's staff told me just to go ahead and take them all.
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
      The kicker? two of his meals were the ones that included my sandwiches, and the McD's staff told me just to go ahead and take them all.
      Would have loved to see what happened when he came back because you know he came back. Bitching the whole time, too, that they gave him the wrong order....
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Something similar happened to me the other day at the corner grill. The guy in front of me ordered a cheese burger, I ordered a BBQ cheese burger delux and fries. Cheese burger and fries comes up, guy goes and gets it, then BBQ cheese burger delux comes up and I'm like... "uh dude I think those fries are mine." Then he handed them over. No need for a fuss.

Comment

Yeah, I had a guy try to take my food at a McDonald's just a few weeks ago. I ordered a 1/4 pounder meal and stepped back to let other people order. A minute or two later this guy orders the same meal but stays at the register moving just to the side. When my order comes up he's right there so he grabs it.

I intercepted him and took the bag from his hands saying, "Sorry but that's mine, your order should be up in a minute." He gave it up without a fight so maybe it was an honest mistake.
          You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Working...
          X