• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But at least he was patient

Tim Hortons
    8am
    Packed to the point of bulging
    Maybe 25 people in line, but the servers are hustling and it's moving at a good clip
    And the dude 2 in front of me....

I am going to be kind and describe him as hygenically challanged, socially inept, genetically unfortunate and stoned out of his mind.

His turn at cash comes up
    Cashier: What can I get for you?
    ThatGuy: Big Mac
    C: This is Tim Hortons
    TG: Big Mac?
    C:We don't have those. Would you like to order something we make? (Points at giant tv menus on wall, indicating things that are actually for sale)
    TG: Um...(stares wistfully at menus on the wall for a few)...Big Mac?
    C: We really don't make that, or anything like that. (Stops talking, stares at him - your move dumbass)
    TG: (Accepts challenge - staring contest on)
    C: (breaking - full sarcasm mode engaged) If you are planning on waiting here until we make Big Macs, could you step to the side so that others could order in the meantime?
    TG: Uh...(head swings right and left, processing request, and) OK.
    He STEPS TO THE SIDE. AND WAITS. AND WAITS.

The guy in front of me gets called up, orders, moves around the human post to the side to get his order. Dude is still standing there waiting. I get called up, order, step around dude to go the pick up area, while he waits. Get my order. While he waits. And...

I don't know, I had to get to a job site, so I left before the last act. If anyone saw it, I must know how it ended!
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

He probably forgot why he went in there and wandered back out....
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Is it wrong that this story makes me miss my stoner days?
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Butt-Head: Uhhhh...it has to be on the menu sir...

PS: That line IMO is from the very best, funniest B&B episode ever, Vaya Con Cornholio (if you only see one B&B episode your whole life make it that one! )

Comment

Working...
        X